Management Tools

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support Performance History for Dual-Parity/NTFS volumes

Performance History doesn't seem to work for a Dual-parity/NTFS volume, unable to see any IOPS, Read/Write Latency and throughput information in Windows Admin Center. It works perfectly fine in ReFS volumes, but doesn't seem to work in NTFS volumes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [Bug] IIS Binding Multiple SSL hostnames

Creating multiple hostname bindings with SSL to the same site reports "Already Exists" ... EG binding .domain1.com and .domain2.com to 443 with a SAN cert covering the expected URLs.

Works fine from IIS remote from another server.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. FIX 1910.2

Microsoft are you on the correct planet Fix this

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more information  ·  0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. [Bug] Unable to get computer information Windows Admin Center

WAC installed on Windows 10 PRO,
    Trying to access the same machine information trough WAC.

I am on a admin account. When I try to access the computer I choose: Use My Windows Account. Then I'm prompted again, I choose LAPS and provide the user name I'm using.

in Event Viewer I get warnings like:
    The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {some-guid}
    and APPID
    {other-guid}
    to the user machine/user SID (user-sid) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. [Scheduled Tasks] Scheduled tasks Task History menu

Scheduled Tasks menu could use the Task History menu option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Creating the Virtual Switch fails if the name of any network adapters contains a space

Creating the Virtual Switch fails if the name of any network adapters contains a space

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. On my non persistent virtual desktop I loose the personalization (dark mode), store it on the gateway

When I logoff/logon on our VDI the personalization (dark mode) is not enabled. Where's that stored? Can it get stored on the gateway instead?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. [Kubernetes] - Integrate Windows Kubernetes in WAC

Integrate the Kubernetes Windows solution in the WAC.

Have the status from Kubelet ( like cpu/memory usage) in the WAC

Have the ability to easy check HSN networks and IPS

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make the features RemoteDesktop and PowerShell work

Installed the newest (Version 1910.2, Build 1.2.2003.11001) Windows-Admin-Center. Most of the management features seem to work. Except: PowerShell and RemoteDesktop. With both credentials are requested but rejected what so ever. Using RemoteDesktop of PowerShell->Enter-PSSession with those credential outside WAC works without any problem. Would be nice, if these features would work within WAC and would be really great, if already given credentials would be used without asking again, best with this being an option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. WAC - enable Azure AD Application proxy full support (with websockets)

WAC should be configurable fully with Azure AD Application Proxy. These 2 technologies are a potentially great combination

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Remote Computer mit wake on lan starten

1. Virtuelle Maschinen, die ausgeschaltet oder gespeichert sind starten.

2. Remote Computer über wake on lan starten

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hostnames changing

Our one main issue is, the hostnames constantly change in WAC. Once you connect to a server, WAC will then show the correct hostname again. But then next time you connect to WAC, the hostname may be wrong again. For example, we have servers named like "prod-01-w19-server1", "prod-01-w19-server2", etc. Sometimes WAC will incorrectly show hostname for server1 as server2. Once we connect to server1, then it will show the correct hostname again, for awhile.

This is in AWS, managing 2019 servers. I'm assuming this is unique to our environment, as I don't see any other posts about this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. After-install customisations seem impossible. Suggestions.

I want to be able to change the listening port after installing WAC.
    Also, the "WinRM only over HTTPS" setting should be able to change after installing too.
    Also, I would like to be able to change the WAC web-server certificate to one of my own.
    Also, when using WAC locally, I want an option for whether it should open a new browser page when I start it. I find it really annoying when it opens a new page on a browser, because it always chooses the wrong browser. :(
    You could instead put an option on the system tray's…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. [Container] Managing Windows Server inside the Container with Windows Admin Center Features

We have now the Container Feature in Windows Admin Center, but is it possible to manage this Windows Server Container like a Windows Server VM with WAC Features when the Container is running?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. [DNS] TXT Records should be manageable

Allow creation and editing of TXT records from the DNS extension for WAC

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. [Cluster Creation preview] [BUG] [BLOCKER] creating a failover cluster fails at "renaming nic"

tested 1910.2
    try to create a failover cluster e.g. for Hyper-V
    The wizard works great at the beginning but has serious issues if it does not find network adapters to configure.(Webpage loads eternally or hangs). Workaround reload: WAC Cluster Creation

If there are network adapters it does want rename them (no option to skip this) and fails at this step.

From this part on you cannot use the wizard anymore and need to fall back to Failover Cluster Management mmc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. [Cluster Creation preview] [BUG] [BLOCKER] creating a failover cluster fails at "renaming nic"

tested 1910.2
    try to create a failover cluster e.g. for Hyper-V
    The wizard works great at the beginning but has serious issues if it does not find network adapters to configure.

If there are network adapters it does want rename them (no option to skip this) and fails at this step.

From this part on you cannot use the wizard anymore and need to fall back to Failover Cluster Management mmc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. [Network] [BUG] configuring an IPv6 / IPv4 Adress without DNS / Gateway

It is not possible to setup IPv4 or IPv6 Addresses without specifying a Gateway or DNS servers.

using :: doesn't work either.

It should be possible to only assign a network address without a mandantory Gateway or DNS Servers just as in the GUI / sconfig.

Usecase: cluster / live migration networks, internal networks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. [Connection list] Add right click open in a new tab

in Addition to this not so obvious feature
    https://windowsserver.uservoice.com/forums/295071-management-tools/suggestions/34322546--connection-list-open-connections-in-new-browser

please add ability to right click a connection to open a server in a new tab.

The implemented behaviour above is not so common for Windows / Browsers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base