• New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [Remote Desktop] Ability to manage RDSH environments.

The ability to manage everything in a RDSH deployment. Collections, publish app, etc.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [Updates] Windows Update Installed Date is wrong

Using Widows Update from Admin Center Shows the wrong date of installation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. [RBAC] Role Based Access Control for Windows Admin Center

Have the ability for an admin to add all servers or monitored machines into a back end, and setup role based access control using AD security groups, which mean admins don't need to manually add all servers themselves.

For example, if a customer has 20 physical machines and 50 VM's, that could be a lot of entries, especially with a team of server technicians. Adding it all once, and then configuring RBAC, means less configuration long term.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. [Bug]RDP to Server 2008R2 not working

There is no "Remote Desktop" tool in left panel, when connecting to Server 2008R2. In settings "Remote Desktop" shows "Don't allow remote connection to this computer", but on target server int is on. Can't allow remote connections thru WAC, because it hangs and never apply changes. Meanwhile remote Powershell works fine.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. [Settings] Tool to allow configuration of bug check dump type / page file config

Be able to configure mini/kernel/complete/active dumps remotely, and have it be immediately active like when using the Windows GUI. Also to be able to configure the Page File remotely.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. [Connections] Allow connections to be customized with PSSession parameters

When trying to connect to a server that requires the use of the IncludePortInSPN SessionOption, the connection fails. I'm assuming this is because Admin center is just trying to use a standard PSSession. It would be nice to be able to customize this to use the -IncludePortInSPN session option or other options

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. [Bug] Windows Admin Center: Error while setting up Update Management - Keyset does not exist

Attempting to connect an on-prem machine to a new Azure Automation account etc. because the automatically created one used the Per Node billing model in our subscription.Everything looks OK on the Azure side, but WAC reports an error when I click "Set up"

The initial setup when I let WAC create all the resource groups etc. worked correctly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. [Storage] Disks - Show SMART data

This was always missing in Windows, but it could be useful:
    Show SMART disk data in "disk management"; especially if there is some error

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. [Multi-Machine] Allow multiple servers to be configured at once

Allow the opportunity to install / manage the same roles or features across multiple servers at once.

Example. 10 host hyper-v cluster. Allow hyper-v role to be installed with default settings to all 10 hosts at once.

Add the Failover cluster role to all 10 servers at once.

Install file server services to multiple hosts at once, etc.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. [Bug] Unexpected error with Azure Update Management integration

When opening the Updates tab of any managed system we receive the following error when WAC attempts to query if the system is managed by Azure Update Management:
    Unexpected error occurred while detecting Update Management setup: n is null

All of the systems managed by WAC in our installation are registered with Azure Update Management.

On navigating to the Updates page a pop-up appears for authenticating to Azure AD which does appear to succeed. If we use browser developer tools to monitor the network traffic we can see the GET request to login.microsoftonline.com return a 302 response with a response…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. [Storage] WAC & Virtual Hard Disk Wizard

To have the Virtual Hard Disk Wizard included in WAC would be very beneficial. Currently, either PS or having to run a separate Hyper V manager to access such facilities.

Would like to see this implemented.

Regards

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. [Windows 10S] Windows 10 in S mode should have support

Windows 10 in S mode should have support for Windows Admin Center. Versions 1803+ have Enterprise/Pro in S mode and would be great to have this tool. RSAT is already available as an Optional feature, would be nice to see WAC as a FoD or in the Store.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. [Local users & groups] cant add computer account to administrators group

Using "Local Computers and Goups" I cant add a computer account to the local administrators group. normally in the MMC I would have to add computers to the search context, but I don't have that option.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. [UI] Align "help" suggestions with actual help documents

So, where do I go when I get a dialog box that says to look up this in the help section of Windows Admin Center? I sure can't find it...

aboutRemoteTroubleshooting

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. [ANA] azure registration access denied

Allow blank password for user certificate when provisioning azure network adapter

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. [Settings] Ability to change the setting items at the time of installation from the UI

I do not know how to change the setting at installation after installation.
    I would like to add functions such as port change and HTTP redirect to the setting menu.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. using a proxy with server core

Windows Admin Center - Windows Server 2019 Core - can't connect proxy even correct set netsh proxy... confirmed with "netsh winhttp show proxy" is correct but all connections go direct to firewall not proxy server... can't update extensions.... any suggestion?
    With Windows Server 2019 standard everything is ok...

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. [HCI] Ability to expand MAP volumes in Storage Spaces Direct in Windows Admin Center

Ability to expand MAP (Mirror Accelerated Parity) volumes in an HCI cluster in Windows Admin Center. There is a mirror and parity volume associated with each disk volume with the current ratio (or can tweak it) when expanding.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. azure backup

If I have Azure Subscription without permissions (Office 365 Azure Active Directory subscription) in my tenant, when I configure a Azure Backup it dosn't load resources. Thus, I can't configure Azure Backup.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base