Management Tools

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Storage Replica: show percentage or amount of data replicated/to be replicated

When looking at the SR Partnership it is not straightforward to see whether all data has been replicated or how much data is still outstanding, waiting to be replicated. The "Journal Count" gives an idea, but having a percentage or actual amount would be nice.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Error Admin Center Connect Azure (help pls)

Error registering gateway in azure:
    Unable to register app:"WindowsAdminCenter-https://10.0.0.100" no Azure Active Directory. Erro: ajax error 500

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. [WAC] [SERVICES] [ISSUE] Services Logon expects a password, not compatible with gMSA

how to reproduce:
    select a Server 2016 / 2019
    select services
    select a service
    go to log on credentials tab

Issue:
    it expects a password to assign a user account

expected behaviour:
    When username contains a $ it should accept the creds without password so to support group managed service accouncts, as recommended for services by Microsoft Security since Server 2012

Please allow to just enter a username without supplying a password

Please consider to use Powershell 6 Core internally to use "Set-Service" instead of WMI or CIM objects.

also refer: https://windowsserver.uservoice.com/forums/295071-management-tools/suggestions/33637168--services-add-log-on-as-column-to-services-manage

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. [WAC] [Updates] [Issue] Windows update is very very slow - circling balls galore

The page Updates is amazingly slow
    - populating the list of updates offered locally via WSUS
    - populating the list of updated offered via WU (Online) - this often stuck
    - progress of installation is not very visible

Affected WAC version
    all WAC up to 1909

Affected managed OS:
    and all managed OS from (2012-2019)

If you compare the speed to local sconfig this is the reference. I know it uses PosH or sorts but needs to get much faster.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Support iOS APP

Support iOS APP

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make setting up "users" and "Admins" easier to understand.

This is so frustrating! Not user friendly for newbee's.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ablity to Increase the size of the "working circles

My husband and I are old. Many times we will click on something and not seeing immediate results, we keep trying because we think the screen froze, etc. Then we finally see little, faint circles after we have thoroughly confused or laptop. Put in Accessibility Options

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Direct Access and VPN role

Well, I like the Admin Center, but I cannot manage the Direct Access and VPN Role on a 2019 Core server. Hope that's planned and will be available soon.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. [Bug] Blank page showed when I choose extension in dropdown list.

When I upgrade windows admin center to 1210, it will show a blank page when I choose extension.

And got a 'sme-idle' element in debug mode.

What's the meanings of 'sme-idle' ? And why it will replace the correct element ?

Thanks

Martin

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. [BUG] Adding cluster shows node name instead of cluster name

In WAC 1.2.1910.09001, after adding a failover cluster, in the interface it shows a node name instead of the cluster name - see screenshot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Windows Admin Center (WAC) Scheduled Tasks won't allow/hold disabling of "Start Task only if computer is idle for:"

Windows Admin Center (WAC) Scheduled Tasks won't allow/hold disabling of "Start Task only if computer is idle for:" Please allow for either a 0 minute wait or the ability to disable so task runs when specified regardless of idle state

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. vastonaviti vse nastrojki nuznie

obnoviti po umolcaniju

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Server power/online status

I want to see whether a server is online or not before I try to connect to it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Credentials 'Manage as' not saved

Credentials "Manage as" which are entered at a connection are not saved. When I restart the session to WAC, the credentials must be entered again.
    I use WAC from my client computer, which connects to the Gateway. I would like to use my admin account for connecting to the machines. WAC always uses my personal non-admin account per default.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Powershell and RDP SSO for Gateway Mode

Currently when deploying Windows Admin Center in Gateway Mode, Extension tools such as Powershell and RDP do no support SSO experience(even with RBCD). Manual Authentication is a Must to get access to this Tools. This becomes a Show stopper when using Smart Card Authentication, as password prompt doesn't offer Smartcard login.

One would expect SSO for all tools however the expected behavior should be a Prompt that supports Smart based based login instead of Password.

Can this be added as a feature update?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Windows update reboot

Change the default from restart immediately to schedule restart as I installed some updates that said they didn't require a reboot to find the server then restarted anyway

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bulk onboard

There should be an option to bulk onboard servers to Azure via Monitor Alerts and/or Updates

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Admin Center accessible without authentication

I have installed WAC on a cloud hosted server. It is possible to access the WAC page without providing any credentials using Chrome 77 (just click sign in without providing any credentials). WAC will show "NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON” under Settings -> Account.

Ex: install WAC to listen on port 6000. Then try to access WAC using Chrome 77, pointing to https://contoso.com:6000/. When prompted for credentials, just click sign-in without providing any.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Dell OpenManage Integration Plugin cannot install

Type
    Error

Couldn't install the extension: 'Dell EMC OpenManage Integration'. Error: Al.a.throw is not a function

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. WAC installed as an APP using Edge C Canary works only if WAC is opend in Webpage before

If you install the WAC as APP from new Edge Version 79.0.287.0 (Offizielles Build) canary (64-Bit)
    After a restart of the PC, the WAC do not start as APP, until the WAC was started onetime in normal Browser Window.
    After that it will start as APP again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base