Management Tools

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The message is broken if Windows Admin Center installed on non-English Windows Server

The “You are not authorized to access this site. Please contact your administrator.” message is broken if Windows Admin Center installed on non-English Windows Server.

• Platform where Windows Admin Center is installed (Windows 10 or Windows Server): Windows Server 2019 10.0.17763.292 Japanese

• If installed on Server, what is the Windows version of the machine running the browser to access Windows Admin Center: Windows 10 10.0.17763.316

• Are you using the self-signed certificate created by the installer?: No

• If you are using your own certificate, does the subject name match the machine?: Yes

• If you are using your own certificate, does it…
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 윈도우 서버 2019의 Windows Admin Center의 한글버전에 오타가 있습니다

윈도우 서버 2019의 Windows Admin Center의 한글버전에 오타가 있습니다. rolesfeatures의 번역이 "역학과 기능"으로 되어 있습니다. 아마도 "역할과 기능"이 옳은 것 같습니다.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable shift+click in "All Connections" view to select multiple connections

AMAZING TOOL, GUYS!!!
    Suggestion:
    The "All Connections" view doesn't seem to have the functionality to allow shift+click to select multiple systems, but I could be mistaken. This is useful to be able to "Manage As" for a specific domain's servers when managing multiple domains.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Is it possible that Microsoft's Download for WAC has been hijacked by Malware?

Today I decided to try out WAC. Around 2pm on 1/4/2019 I went to the MS site to download the installer (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/manage/windows-admin-center/understand/windows-admin-center) and i clicked the download link which linked to http://aka.ms/WACDownload

I downloaded a file called WindowsAdminCenter1809.msi. The first thing that i noticed is that Symantec Endpoint warned me that the file was unknown to them and DownloadInsight recommended the file be deleted. I told Symantec to allow the file to remain. When right clicked on the file and chose to install it, Windows and UAC warned that the file was not digitally signed and was from…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. [Disconnected Environment] offline mode in settings

Implement an "offline" toggle switch in settings so WAC, deployed in and isolated network will not fire notifications about Azure hybrid functionality, extensions update, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Unable to remove an entry from connection list with the remove button

I am ujnable to remove a connection from the list with the remove button

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Option for -Noprofile when starting powershell

Since the intent is to remote into another system. add the option to launch the powershell console on the WAC server without the profile.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add sever list export option

I would like to be able to export the server list and tags I have created on a WAC host and load them on another host.

Use case: The initial WAC host we loaded all the host names and tags on is no longer an appropriate host or is being EOL'd.
    We want a backup copy of all the information and the ability to load it on another host for support team reasons.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Overview: Installed Memory (RAM) reports wrong value

Overview top right corner says Installed Memory (RAM): and below that (on this machine) 16 GB. The panel below has the Memory chart which shows the correct value 112GB. I suspect the Overview is reporting the RAM of the host running the Admin Center.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Search box in the "Scheduled Task" tool is not working

If I type something in the search box on the top right corner of the Scheduled Task tool, the task list is not filtered, nothing happens.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. [Bug] Can't administer local laptop, which WAC is installed on.

Win10 1803 Build 18219
    Azure-AD Joined device, AAD-user logged on.
    Using the self-signed cert.
    Installer auto-selected port 6516, which I accepted.

Browsing WAC works fine, I can add extensions even.

But managing the laptop upon which WAC is installed on fails on authentication.

Error: Your credentials didn’t work - try again
    Event-viewer gives:
    "401 - PSRemotingTransportException: Connecting to remote server desktop-xxxx failed with the following error message : Access is denied. For more information, see the aboutRemoteTroubleshooting Help topic."

This happens even if I try to logon with a local-user which is member of Administrators group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You are hitting two separate issues here -

You’ll need to use manage-as credentials to manage localhost.
    This note mentions MSAs, but it can also apply AAD accounts:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/manage/windows-admin-center/use/known-issues#computer-management-solution

Connecting as a local admin that is not the built-in local Administrator account is restricted by this setting:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/manage/windows-admin-center/use/troubleshooting#i-can-connect-to-some-servers-but-not-others

12. [Installer] Installer fails if Windows Update service is disabled

This is not entirely new idea - I take it as a bug honestly.

If I install Windows Admin Center with disabled WUA service (I am simulating inability to access the internet - i.e. labs, bank systems etc.) the installation fails without any reason. There are no logs on disk, no message in event logs.

• As a user I would really like the idea to install this on environment without internet access (as mentioned above there are situation when the environment has no access to internet due to security rasons)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. [bug] wrong [german] [translation] for "fixed" in disk properties

The translation of the disk property "fixed" is wrong in the german version. "fixed" will translated with "behoben", what means a problem is solved. But I think in this case is meant a non removable disk. The best possible translation is "Festplatte".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Start/Stop/Pause

For me, a useful thing would be to select multiple VMs to start / stop / pause at the same time in one command.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. how can I add tool to failover and hyper-converged cluster solutions ?

I have already known the solutionIds for server and windows client by reading the example extension template. But what are the solutionIds and connectionTypes for failover and hyper-converged cluster ? I need to know to fulfill in the manifest.json file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. [Bug] [Loc] French Translation error in side Panel "Appareils" is wrong

"Appareils" means "devices" as in standalone ones. The proper translation for Devices as in Device Manager is "Matériel" or "Périphériques" (hardware or Peripherals).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bug in SDDC management cluster resource registration

Admin Center error "Unable to create 'SDDC Management" cluster resource'
    All Servers are build 14393.2214 GERMAN
    Server logs error:
    PowerShell-Cmdlet "Add-ClusterResource" für Failovercluster: Fehler beim Öffnen der Clusterrolle "Cluster Group".

So this may be a language issue...
    How can I create the resource manually?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is fixed in Windows Admin Center Preview v1806.

In v1804, this workaround should resolve the issue:

Run Add-ClusterResource -Name ‘SDDC Management’ -Group ‘Cluster Group’ -ResourceType ‘SDDC Management’ replacing ‘Cluster Group’ with the localized name, for example, ‘Group du cluster’ in French.

19. [Files] file path contains spaces

The file path in Files has spaces between the \ and the folders. When copying and pasting, you need to delete all of the spaces.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. [Bug] installation without internet acces

Hi we cannot able to run windows admin center without acces to internet, in event log we have problem with signature verification, our server has no internet acces its offline system

Signature verificate failed for plugin: <C:\Program Files\Windows Admin Center\Esent.Interop.dll>

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base