Management Tools

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. UPDATES FRAME IN WAC

In WAC over the UPDATES frame from a Hyper-V Cluster, I'm getting the following error, this is only informative because I know i'ts a preview.

Notification details
    Error
    Enabling CredSSP Delegation

9:59:25 PM
    Source
    Go to Updates.
    Type
    Error

The workflow to enable CredSSP has been completed, but there was an error. Exception: This operation was blocked by role based access control settings

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. If the keywords specified in the cluster validation are localized, it will guess that Cluster Creation will not work.

In Windows Admin Center 1910.2, I installed Cluster Creation 1.2.0 and confirmed creation of Classic Failover Cluster.
    The Japanese version of Windows Server 2019 cannot perform cluster validation.
    The English version of Windows Server 2019 can perform cluster validation.
    If the keywords specified in the cluster validation are localized, it will guess that Cluster Creation will not work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Hyper-V Virtual Switch VLAN Management - Adding and Editing VLANs

Currently, one needs to use powershell to tag vlans on virtual switches (unless they have system center), it would be convenient to be able do this via Windows Admin Center

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Windows Admin Center Setup generates an error "1: Unhandled exception"

Windows Admin Center Setup generates an error
    "1: Unhandled exception"

Situation: The gateway(Windows Server 2019) has all the newest updates!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. [Cluster] Cluster Resources Options Missing (FCM)

Options for start stop and simulate failure are there, but no option for moving cluster resources to another node. Also unable to see a list of possible owners for a resource.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. [Bug] LDAP Connectivity Fails when AD and Gateway have different DNs

WAC/Gateway Server: 1910.2

Description
    Gateway server is located in a site of a corporate domain. When adding security groups AD or local it fails saying that the group was not found in the sub site. Example below

Request:
    Allow modification of the LDAP settings or use the FQDN of the domain rather than accepting the domain name of the gateway server.

Note: Please don't ask why it is configured that way or if I can change this. This configuration was in place long before my time and will not be modified.

Example:
    AD Domain: na.corp.com
    AD NETBIOS Domain: (CORP)
    Gateway…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. WinRM cannot complete the operation. Verify that the specified computer name is valid, that the computer is accessible over the network, and

Connection Error: WinRM cannot complete the operation. Verify that the specified computer name is valid, that the computer is accessible over the network, and that a firewall exception for the WinRM service is enabled and allows access from this computer. By default, the WinRM firewall exception for public profiles limits access to remote computers within the same local subnet. For more information, see the aboutRemoteTroubleshooting Help topic.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. scheduled tasks

It's possible to select more line to remove more lines?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. [Apps & features] Remove all apps for all users

It's possible scan all app for all users to remove all for all users?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Websocket error WinRM over HTTPS

Hi.

I have installed Windows Admin Center (Current 1910) for the first time tonight. Initially everything went well.

My environment is running Windows Server Core 2019 (Inclusing the WAS Gateway server). Everything is patched up to the current level.

All my servers have a HTTPS listener with a valid machine certificate. "UseSSL" is required when remoting in to these machines and all test OK.

However WAS seems to throw this exception each time i try to connect with the Powershell tool:
    Exit WebSocket reading loop: The 'System.Net.WebSockets.ServerWebSocket' instance cannot be used for communication because it has been transitioned into the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add the ability to connect to servers on a different network

I can add servers by name, but they cannot be connected to unless they are on the same network as I am. I would like to be able to add servers by IP (so I can connect from a different network) and then use WinRM over SSL for security.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. DNS extension sorting

DNS extension should use numerical sorting for IP addresses instead of alphanumeric. For a long list of records, this is really confusing.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. French: changer interface

Mettre une interface optionnel dans l'accueil afin de pouvoir voir l'étatt des machines directement sans se connecter dessus, voir grossomodo la même chose que "vue d'ensemble" mais en direct pour toutes les machines et de manière plus compressée.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. [Container] run docker.exe in hidden console window

Console window (docker.exe) pops up multiple times when using Containers extension.

I am using Windows Admin Center in Windows 10. Windows Admin Center runs on my administrator account.

AFAIK it is possible to run such commands in hidden console window.

I could not attach video file to post because 500 error. Will put in OneDrive.
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArA0Yv2O5sJegq46jp78jTc3ElUkTQ?e=gUQdvy

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. [Bug] Browse option not opening the Destination Server when moving a VM.

When moving a VM from one Hyper-V Server to another, if you click "Browse" to specify the destination folder where the VM is going, WAC opens the Source server instead.
    This can easily recreated by setting up two 2019 Servers with Hyper-V, try to move one VM to another using WAC Move option, and click Browse... This will take you to the Source server instead of the Destination.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add Favourite or Star option and section on main page

Add Favourite or Star option and section on main page to group servers accessed frequently

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. [Bug] Actually implement Windows 10 node management. It literally does not work currently

Although the documentation claims it does, Windows Admin Center literally does NOT work for managing Windows 10 nodes. At all. It's not that the functionality is partially broken; literally nothing works.

First of all, you can't even connect to a node, and the documentation doesn't provide any detailed instructions how to, either.

Worse, it's obvious the development team doesn't care. This issue has been reported over a month ago on TechCommunity with zero responses: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/windows-admin-center/getting-error-when-trying-to-manage-local-pc-with-windows-admin/m-p/1145011

Any ideas? Considering that stuff like Cockpit works across nearly all Linux distros, this is pretty pathetic from the Microsoft side of things.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. [Remote Desktop] Allow remote desktop to be expanded to fill the whole page

The remote descktop pane seems very restricted in size. Allow the pane to go full screen and/or fill the webpage.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. [bug]? windows 1903 update

Ever since an upgrade to windows 1093 Windows Admin Centre will not run. The browser (the new Edge in this case) return "You are not authorized to view this page. If you recently updated Windows Admin Center, you may need to restart your browser, and then refresh the page." but restarting the browser does not help. Neither did a reboot or uninstalling and reinstalling Windows Admin Center

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 38 39
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base