Management Tools

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bring back ALL the features of SBS 2003. I reluctantly switched to Windows Small Business Server 2011 Standard. I need RWW & POP3 Connector

Bring back ALL the features of SBS 2003. I reluctantly switched to SBS 2011 Standard when SBS 2003 support ended. I need RWW & POP3 Connector. Now Essentials 2019 LACKS everything I need. And Server 2008 R2 and Exchange 2010 are at end of life. I will finally have to start researching non-Microsoft server OS alternatives. Microsoft for years represented customer-based solutions. We are now at an end, where all MS wants is to push everyone to subscription-based storage, software as service, and cloud. I'm DONE. My goal is not MS revenues; it's continuing to rely on products that meet…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Aufgabenplannung

Es fehlt die Abfrage nach dem Kennwort beim Erstellen oder Ändern einer Aufgabe mit erhöhten Rechten.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Group Policy extension for Windows Admin Center

It's a thing Windows admins need to do: create, edit, and delete GPOs, manage links and inheritance, test RSOP, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. [Active Directory] Add Move to list of commands

Need command to move objects from one container to another, particularly Computer objects, which need to be moved from the Computers container.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Windows Admin Center update issues

The update of Windows Update ver 2007.31005 came to my Windows 10 PC ver 2004 on which Windows Admin Center(WAC) ver 2009.21002 is installed on 10/22 JST.

The installation of the update repeats the failure with error code 0x80070643.

This situation seems to occur when "Receive updates for other Microsoft products when you update Windows." in the Advanced Options of Windows Update is turned on.

You can get around this by turning off the settings option, but I would like to know other ways to get around this. So, I opted to uninstall WAC currently.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please fix the bugs: Element not found (Storage migration service)

Unable to transfer the shared drives from 2012 r2 to 2019 server. Error: Element not found. It is known bug within the windows admin center according to Microsoft. Checked the Netbios name and it is shorter than 15 characters. As it is a AD, don't have the flexibility of changing the name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Stop requiring re-registration to upgrade WAC

I've already 'registered' WAC, why do I need to do it again to upgrade to the latest version?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. [Bug] version 2009, the scheduler bug is back

This week I updates the first time my servers with version 2009. Every server rebootet immediately after installing the updates, whether there was a scheduled reboot or not.

We had this in version 1910. It took very long time to remove this heavy bug. First in version 2007 it was removed. Please be a little bit faster this time. It makes the software useless!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. [Bug] WAC version 2009 won't find any Azure Stack HCI machines

In WAC 1.2.2009.21002, running on Windows Server 2019, when using the Create Cluster wizard, it won't find any Azure Stack HCI machines. Regardless if they are domain-joined or workgroup servers. The nodes are up and running, do have network connectivity, ping to other machines and vice versa.

On the contrary, WAC 1.2.2007.18002 running on Windows 10 finds them just fine.

In both WAC versions, Azure Stack HCI machines cannot be found in AD as Servers, but do appear as PCs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. [Bug] Version 2009 won't connect to any server

WAC 1.2.2009.21002, running on Windows Server 2019, fails connecting to any server. It can see the connection, it can lookup machines in Active Directory, but every attempt to connect to a machine fails with this connection error:

Connecting to remote server ad01.corp.boldbrick.com failed with the following error message : WinRM cannot complete the operation. Verify that the specified computer name is valid, that the computer is accessible over the network, and that a firewall exception for the WinRM service is enabled and allows access from this computer. By default, the WinRM firewall exception for public profiles limits access to remote…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. bug, WAC 2007 update schedule restart not working

please fix, after select server apply windows update and schedule restart date and time, but server will restart immediately after update is finish install. it will not follow scheduled restart date and time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. WAC can help manage machines across the forest or is it limited to machines in a domain?

can help manage machines across the forest or is it limited to machines in a domain?
    Can I manage servers from different domains with one setup of WAC?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to add field names in AD search results besides the ones provided

Ability to add additional field names in the AD search results columns or in the Summary tab besides the ones provided

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When will Single sign-on work in Windows Admin Center ?

WAC is a browser-based tool. It requires a WEB login each time you launch it. It does not use the credentials of the currently logged-in user. And each time you switch from a machine to another, you'll have to re-enter credentials again.

Please provide a working SSO system, so that we do not have to re-type our password several times an hour.

As already said, WAC is an admin tool. It must be "click and go". We definitely don't have time to administer the admin tool, and to understand why SSO does not work.

As said hundreds of times :…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. WAC stops working after 60 days due to certificate error

Windows Admin Center is definitely a terrible piece of software ! It installs with HTTPS, but with a certificate that is only valid for 60 days. After that, unable to use it anymore.

I'm running it on a LAN and over VPNs. I do not need HTTPS. I do not need and do not want to install LetSignIt certificates on my servers (and the corresponding Internet access). I just want to administer my servers. When you have a problem on a server, you want to diagnose it, then you launch the admin tool, and it does not work !

With

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. System doesn't tell you that Pause server has failed

In an S2D cluster, if you try and pause a node while a virtual disk rebuild is in progress, the task fails and doesn't tell you why.

So I have to manually check Get-StorageJob before I can pause. admin Center should at least warn of this, but ideally it should show that storage jobs are outstanding.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. [BUG] Faulty WAC Error on missing WMF installation on Win Server 2008 R2

Hello,
    My Admin Center reports an error:
    "Windows Management Framework (WMF) 5 isn't installed"
    Which is not true as I have installed it, my powershell reports 5.1
    Please see the screenshot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. firewall merge

When using a locked down Windows Firewall Policy. This is where rules are not merged with local rules Remote Desktop does not work by default via WAC. You have to create local firewall rules for remote desktop in addition to your group policy rules via PowerShell.

If an administrator account on a server is compromised these locked down Firewall Policies mean even an administrator cannot create new firewall rules.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 46 47
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base