Management Tools

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. F5 Refresh

When using Remote Desktop in Windows Admin Center, I often refresh various screens on the target system I am connected to. However, pressing "F5" is intercepted by the browser which resets the WAC session, and I have to re-establish the connection and reauthenticate. Is this just a habit that I need to break when using WAC, or is there a technical solution be that can be implemented?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Servers running PowerShell Constrained Language Mode

In a Guarded Fabric scenario, Hyper-V is running with Code Integrity. This means that PowerShell run in Constrained Language Mode. (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/microsoft.powershell.core/about/aboutlanguagemodes)

DeviceGuardUserModeCodeIntegrityPolicyEnforcementStatus : EnforcementMode

WAC is not able to manage those Servers / Clusters, is there plan to address this ?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Cluster creation extension requires static IPs on trunk NICs

When creating a hyperconverged cluster, I should not have to enter IPs on the NICs that I intend to use for the virtual switch. Allowing for a DHCP option everywhere an IP might be entered would solve this problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Job start and finish times

Provide columns for start and finish times for each job and each phase of the job (i.e. inventory, data transfer)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Role-based access control is gone in the 1910 version for Windows Admin Center

Role-based access control is gone in the new version of settings

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Virtual Machines Inventory memory shows 0

S2D Cluster -> Virtual Machines -> Inventory -> Click on a VM -> CPU and memory performance always show 0 (Performance-data doesn't seem to get recorded. This is
    Windows Admin Center
    Version
    Build

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. [Cluster][Virtual Machines] Assigned vCPU Overview

Within the Virtual Machines Summary it would be nice to have an overview of the currently assigned vCPU's and in addition the quote of overcommitment or undercommitment of the physical CPU Cores with the currently running Virtual Machines.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Support Performance History for Dual-Parity/NTFS volumes

Performance History doesn't seem to work for a Dual-parity/NTFS volume, unable to see any IOPS, Read/Write Latency and throughput information in Windows Admin Center. It works perfectly fine in ReFS volumes, but doesn't seem to work in NTFS volumes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. [Bug] IIS Binding Multiple SSL hostnames

Creating multiple hostname bindings with SSL to the same site reports "Already Exists" ... EG binding .domain1.com and .domain2.com to 443 with a SAN cert covering the expected URLs.

Works fine from IIS remote from another server.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. FIX 1910.2

Microsoft are you on the correct planet Fix this

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more information  ·  0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. [Bug] Unable to get computer information Windows Admin Center

WAC installed on Windows 10 PRO,
    Trying to access the same machine information trough WAC.

I am on a admin account. When I try to access the computer I choose: Use My Windows Account. Then I'm prompted again, I choose LAPS and provide the user name I'm using.

in Event Viewer I get warnings like:
    The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {some-guid}
    and APPID
    {other-guid}
    to the user machine/user SID (user-sid) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. [Scheduled Tasks] Scheduled tasks Task History menu

Scheduled Tasks menu could use the Task History menu option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Creating the Virtual Switch fails if the name of any network adapters contains a space

Creating the Virtual Switch fails if the name of any network adapters contains a space

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. On my non persistent virtual desktop I loose the personalization (dark mode), store it on the gateway

When I logoff/logon on our VDI the personalization (dark mode) is not enabled. Where's that stored? Can it get stored on the gateway instead?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. [Kubernetes] - Integrate Windows Kubernetes in WAC

Integrate the Kubernetes Windows solution in the WAC.

Have the status from Kubelet ( like cpu/memory usage) in the WAC

Have the ability to easy check HSN networks and IPS

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make the features RemoteDesktop and PowerShell work

Installed the newest (Version 1910.2, Build 1.2.2003.11001) Windows-Admin-Center. Most of the management features seem to work. Except: PowerShell and RemoteDesktop. With both credentials are requested but rejected what so ever. Using RemoteDesktop of PowerShell->Enter-PSSession with those credential outside WAC works without any problem. Would be nice, if these features would work within WAC and would be really great, if already given credentials would be used without asking again, best with this being an option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. WAC - enable Azure AD Application proxy full support (with websockets)

WAC should be configurable fully with Azure AD Application Proxy. These 2 technologies are a potentially great combination

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Remote Computer mit wake on lan starten

1. Virtuelle Maschinen, die ausgeschaltet oder gespeichert sind starten.

2. Remote Computer über wake on lan starten

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 36 37
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base