Management Tools

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Bug] [Updates] Multiple updates installation takes no effect.

WAC 1906 preview
    Server Management
    module/tab: Updates
    Function Install-WindowsUpdates

Multiple updates installation takes no effect.
    Single update installation works.

In case of multiple selection of updates, the powershell "Install-WindowsUpdates" function, passes the parameter $updateIDs as single string to $Script.
    In efect, during execution of $Script - Install-Updates.ps1 line with check:
    If($Update.Identity.UpdateID -in $updateIDs)
    always fail and updates are not installed.

WAC installed as gateway on Windows Server 2016 (OS Build 14393.2969) - connected to domain
    WAC version 1906 preview
    Acces to WAC from Windows 10 1803 build 17134.829
    Browser: Edge

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Font rendering: Non-Latin scripts are rendered poorly

Windows Admin Center renders text using the Segoe UI font. This font is beautiful and rich. It can render a number of scripts including Hebrew, Arabic and Greek. However, for some reason, in Windows Admin Center, only Latin-based scripts are rendered using the Segoe UI font. Other scripts like Arabic, Hebrew and Greek fall back to "Helvetica". As a result, managing files with non-English characters in the file manager of Windows Admin Center is a harrowing experience.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Manage shared Connection via Powershell script dynamicaly every day update

Hello,
    i need a possibility to manage shared connection entrys in WAC with powershell scripts (daily update necessary) . Currently i can only use the import-connection CMDLET but cannot delete shared Connection with powershell in WAC. is there a possibility ?
    Regards Steffen

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. [Bug] [Virtual Machines] VHD files case sensitivity

File extension validation is case sensitive. Install Hyper-V Management.

Tools -> Virtual Machines -> Inventory -> New

Set up new parameters

Add Disk -> Use an existing virtual hard disk

Give a virtual hard disk with a .VHDX extension, there is an error saying that .VHDX files are not allowed.

Rename the VHD file from a .VHDX extension to a .vhdx extension. The file can now be used as an existing disk for the VM.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. [Bug] Disk Metrics color graph color key shows the wrong colors: it's backwards!

Fix the Disk Metrics color graphs color keys shows the wrong colors: it's backwards!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. [Bug][Files]Quota management

In this page:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/it-it/windows-server/manage/windows-admin-center/use/manage-servers#span-data-ttu-id08651-253filespanspan-classsxs-lookupspan-data-stu-id08651-253filesspanspan

quota management is listed as a feature of the Files panel.
    However, at least in WAC version 1809.5, I'm not able to access the quota management feature from "Files".
    Where is it?

Cheers

Marco

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. [Bug] RDMA counter not working

rdma counter not working on 1809.5, we have 2node HCI cluster, direct connected with DAC cables and iwarp RDMA, but rdma counter in server view does not show any traffic. We have Cavium chipset NIC's

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The message is broken if Windows Admin Center installed on non-English Windows Server

The “You are not authorized to access this site. Please contact your administrator.” message is broken if Windows Admin Center installed on non-English Windows Server.

• Platform where Windows Admin Center is installed (Windows 10 or Windows Server): Windows Server 2019 10.0.17763.292 Japanese

• If installed on Server, what is the Windows version of the machine running the browser to access Windows Admin Center: Windows 10 10.0.17763.316

• Are you using the self-signed certificate created by the installer?: No

• If you are using your own certificate, does the subject name match the machine?: Yes

• If you are using your own certificate, does it…
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. .iso files Should be allowed when creating new VM

In the "New virtual machine" pane, the "Operating system" section, check the "Install an operating system from an image file (.iso)" then enter a path to an ISO file.
    You get a red error message "(!) .ISO files are not allowed"
    This is, by all means, a bug.
    Please fix.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 윈도우 서버 2019의 Windows Admin Center의 한글버전에 오타가 있습니다

윈도우 서버 2019의 Windows Admin Center의 한글버전에 오타가 있습니다. rolesfeatures의 번역이 "역학과 기능"으로 되어 있습니다. 아마도 "역할과 기능"이 옳은 것 같습니다.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enable shift+click in "All Connections" view to select multiple connections

AMAZING TOOL, GUYS!!!
    Suggestion:
    The "All Connections" view doesn't seem to have the functionality to allow shift+click to select multiple systems, but I could be mistaken. This is useful to be able to "Manage As" for a specific domain's servers when managing multiple domains.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Is it possible that Microsoft's Download for WAC has been hijacked by Malware?

Today I decided to try out WAC. Around 2pm on 1/4/2019 I went to the MS site to download the installer (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/manage/windows-admin-center/understand/windows-admin-center) and i clicked the download link which linked to http://aka.ms/WACDownload

I downloaded a file called WindowsAdminCenter1809.msi. The first thing that i noticed is that Symantec Endpoint warned me that the file was unknown to them and DownloadInsight recommended the file be deleted. I told Symantec to allow the file to remain. When right clicked on the file and chose to install it, Windows and UAC warned that the file was not digitally signed and was from…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. [BUG] Settings -> Remote Desktop

Cannot change remote desktop settings on managed server. Every time i want enable RemoteDesktop on machine i must do this manually.
    Admin Center 1809 every time return this:

Cannot get remote desktop settings
    ERROR (1) RemoteException: You must specify an object for the Get-Member cmdlet. (2) RemoteException: You must specify an object for the Get-Member cmdlet. (3) RemoteException: You must specify an object for the Get-Member cmdlet.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. [Disconnected Environment] offline mode in settings

Implement an "offline" toggle switch in settings so WAC, deployed in and isolated network will not fire notifications about Azure hybrid functionality, extensions update, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Unable to remove an entry from connection list with the remove button

I am ujnable to remove a connection from the list with the remove button

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. [Devices]Programatically add servers through powershell

We use Virtual Machine Scale Sets in Azure, the elastic nature of scale sets means we would need to manually add and remove servers very often.

Ideal situation:
    A powershell command that our deployment environment can tell WAC to add a new server, with its applicable details.

A powershell command that our deployment environment can tell WAC to delete servers that have been scaled back (destroyed)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Option for -Noprofile when starting powershell

Since the intent is to remote into another system. add the option to launch the powershell console on the WAC server without the profile.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add sever list export option

I would like to be able to export the server list and tags I have created on a WAC host and load them on another host.

Use case: The initial WAC host we loaded all the host names and tags on is no longer an appropriate host or is being EOL'd.
    We want a backup copy of all the information and the ability to load it on another host for support team reasons.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. [bug] domain controller roles and features Fails

This doesn't work. It fails

Error

Failed to initialize Roles and Features, Error: RemoteException: Exception calling "Translate" with "1" argument(s): "Some or all identity references could not be translated.".
    10/31/2018, 9:42:13 AM

I am connected as a domain Admin. It works fine on member server

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. [Chrome Browser] Admin Center Security issue: clicking "Sign in" when prompted allows login without entering input

While using Google Chrome 69.0.3497.100. Clicking “Sign in” on the login prompt without entering anything allows anyone log into the Admin Center as “NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON”

Admin Center is installed on Server 2016 in the same domain as the client computer accessing it.

Can this security hole please be fixed?

Edge does not have this issue.

I verified that these settings are set correctly to prevent anonymous logins on the server:
    Network access: Allow anonymous SID/Name translation
    Network access: Do not allow anonymous enumeration of SAM accounts
    Network access: Do not allow anonymous enumeration of SAM accounts and shares
    Network…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base