Management Tools

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Files should be able to be moved/copied to a different directory

As Title states, I can't move a file from one directory to another without downloading to my local machine and then re-uploading that copy to the target directory.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. windows update status for Domain Joined Workstation

Can you please add an extension where it can pull the windows update status and Installed KB on workstations and have the ability to filter computer by KB installed and having also the ability to filter computers that haven't got an update

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Download link dos NOT open

Download link dos NOT open . Sorry .

System stopped while I click on download link and I Can not download Windows Admin Center !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Couldn't install the extension was not available from any extension feed

bug when 1910 WAC HA Cluster is set to no internet access however unable to add extension from a local feed i.e. C:\ClusterStorage\Data\Extensions

Feed is not available: 'https://aka.ms/sme-extension-feed'.
    Couldn't install the extension: 'msft.iis.iis-management'. Error: Extension msft.iis.iis-management 0.1.3042563 was not available from any extension feed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. remote desktop

When using the Remote Desktop feature, Edge is popping up a sub-menu as if a dialog box is selected. This obscures the screen--particularly the Start menu of the target machine.

Admin Center Build 1.2.1910.31005
    Microsoft Edge 41.16299.1480.0
    Microsoft EdgeHTML 16.16299

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. serial# view on overview screen

display Windows device serial# on overview screen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. SSH in Windows Admin Center

It would be nice to have an SSH connection prompt next to the PowerShell connection prompt in WAC.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add the ability to configure a proxy for WAC to Install and Update Extensions

When deploying WAC on a Windows Server as the ‘Windows Admin Center’ Service you cannot access Internet Feeds for Extensions (e.g. https://aka.ms/sme-extension-feed) via a proxy server if the Server does not have direct access to the Internet. This means the user experience is diminished as new Extensions cannot downloaded via the Extensions section in WAC and / or existing extensions cannot be updated via the Extensions section.

It can be achieved by setting a proxy for the Network Service account that the WAC Service runs under, but that's not ideal.

Suggest adding the option to configure a proxy the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Better counter instance selection experience

When looking at a graph with many counter instances, it's helpful to select an instance and highlight it in the graph. However, deselecting it or going back to all instances being "highlighted" is difficult. In a live view, the selected instance moves around the instance legend making it difficult to deselect.

I think the selected instance(s) should be pinned at the top/beginning of the instance legend being sorted by name or value. If the selected instance is deselected it should go back to being sorted the same was as the other deselected instances.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bug when adding server without credentials

When adding a Windows server and credentials are required I click Add
    Server gets added
    I select the new server and click "Manage as"
    The username and password fields are not editable
    Found in build 1.2.1910.31005

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. [bug] windows admin center -- Shared connections become Personal

We've seen this with two instances: servers added as "shared connections" will spontaneously turn into personal connections, thus removing them from the view of any other users. Tags are also lost when this occurs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Unable to Authenticate due to Case Change

Upon logging into the Windows Admin Center interface to manage servers I note the domain and the user case have changed. When attempting to click on a managed server I am prompted to authenticate with different credentials. I modify the credentials to use the correct font case and I am able to login and manage the servers. I have created screenshots and have attached them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Unable to Authenticate due to Case Change

Upon logging into the Windows Admin Center interface to manage servers I note the domain and the user case have changed. When attempting to click on a managed server I am prompted to authenticate with different credentials. I modify the credentials to use the correct font case and I am able to login and manage the servers. I have created screenshots and have attached them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Storage Migration Service and netBIOS computer name

We came accross this lovely gotcha when attempting to migrate a Server 2008R2 fileserver using the Storage Migration Service.

TLDR: if your server name is longer then 15 characters, use the netBIOS name in Storage Migration Service!

It's amazing how sometimes in the simplest things that trip you up.

It appears the Storage Migration Service uses the netBIOS computer name and not the computer name or FQDN.

When we had tested a Enter-PSSession to the FQDN of the server (which is longer than 15 characters), we got a successful connection, but the service would fail. When we did a Enter-PSSession…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Windows Admin Center Extensions cannot be installed using standard user Windows Session

Windows Admin Center installed on Windows 10 1909. Logged in with an account in Windows with standard user permissions. Right-click and run-as on Windows Admin Center and enter admin credentials. There is no process spawned running my admin credentials.

Launching Edge or Chromium Edge or Windows Admin Center with standard user credentials will launch the page just fine, but I receive an error trying to install any extensions for the Windows Admin Center with error message "Couldn't install the extension: 'Active Directory (Preview)'. Error: Access denied. Unable to perform requested operation. Administrative privilege is required."

The old version of Edge…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add a column for total VM disk throughput - Virtual machine view

Hi

we would like to see a column for total VM disk throughput - Virtual machine view, so that you can identify vm's hogging the disk.

and also get alert for it in the alerts view like you do with memory usages etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. [Bug] - CBS Pending reboot check

[Bug] - Pending reboot due to CBS

The code to check for a reboot does not appear to correctly test if there is a pending reboot related to Component Based Servicing.

On the servers I have, the following line of code from the Test-PendingReboot function does not return a value.

Get-ChildItem "HKLM:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\RebootPending"

Testing the same registry path with the "Get-Item" cmdlet returns a value when there is a pending reboot related to CBS.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Give the ability to view and edit pagefile and startup and recovery options

It would be really convenient to have this ability instead of tweaking registry.

Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Total frustration with the Eval 2019 and Storage Migration. Lost 2 day trying to find out what I was doing wrong.

Let everyone know up front of the inabilities of the the Eval and the Storage Migration Service. I lost hours; days trying to find out what I was doing wrong. Why can't the Eval download be updated to fix this enormous oversight.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 30 31
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base