Management Tools

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. WAC DNS extension should allow delegated permissions

The DNS extension works pretty good, but apparently it needs the user to have permissions to connect to the server.
    I guess in multiple organizations, DNS permissions have been delegated so admins can work do stuff, without needing actual DA permissions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [Bug] Install of version 1910 fails on all computers on domain

Install on Windows 10 fails during "Registering CredSSP session configuration" with the following error code:

Unhandled Exception:
    System.Management.Automation.CmdletProviderInvocationException Cannot open WinRM service on computer '.'.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. WAC Performance Monitor-Change Units

I would like to be able to change units and/or have an option to auto-scale units. An example would be network adapter bandwidth which is fixed to Bytes/sec. I would like the option to change this to bits or bytes with kilo, mega, giga scales.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. WAC Performance Monitor-Reorder Monitors

I would like to be able to reorder monitors in the WAC Performance Monitor beta. New monitors are added to the end of the list and cannot be moved to group similar monitors together.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. WAC 1910; changing network adapter DNS deletes A records and does not recreate

WAC 1910; changing network adapter DNS deletes A records (even static ones) and does not recreate. Primary and Secondary DNS servers get changed even though an error is thrown in WAC "Couldn't update IPv4 network settings..."

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. McAfee Adaptive Threat Protection Would Block

McAfee detect the wsmprovhost.exe as a malware when monitor computers for processes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. RDMA counter missing in performance monitor

RDMA Activity which is found in Performance Monitor (mmc) is missing on Performance Monitor in WAC

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Support non-Microsoft DNS and/or DHCP

I know this is a bit of a stretch but being able to support some other DNS/DHCP solutions would be amazing. Perhaps this would be more of an avenue for an IPAM solution to add an extension.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. [RBAC] the true solution for Hyper-V like SCVMM

The true RBAC solution for Hyper-V like SCVMM, which has full RBAC capabilities with very granular options for assigning different rights through the use of custom user roles that can be created and assigned the required configuration targeting specific resources.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Remote desktop enable clipboard

It would be great to implement clipboard transfer for remote connection

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add user selection button for username box

When I'm using mmc snap-ins every username box has a "browse" button beside it. So I'm able to select a local pc user or an active directory user. It is very hard to remember all user's credentials if there're hundreds of them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Issue installing update from 1909 to 1910

When I run the MSI to update 1909 to 1910 I get this message
    Unhandled Exception:
    system.management.automation.methodinvocation
    Exception Exception calling “Add” with “1” argument(s): “Access is denied.”

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. audit permissions on fileshares with Admincenter

It would be nice to have a way to audit or display the permissions of a fileserver with AdminCenter. Maybe pull the share/NTFS permissions into a PowerBI report so that the permissions can be drilled down on by group or user or directory path.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. [bug] Cluster Creation extension version 1.1

Even putting the domain administrator username and password an error happens.

Erro: https://i.imgur.com/tlqGhkI.gifv

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. windows admin center shared connection

All Admins should be able to see new servers added under Connections after I set it up. It appears that it used to be available by adding Shared Connections

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. [Bug]

Remote Desktop not working when WAC accessed through AAD Application Proxy, works when accessed directly.

Server: Azure: Windows Server 2016 Datacenter. Version 1607. OS Build 14393.3326 (domain joined)

Client: Windows 10 pro. Version 1902 OS Build: 18362.576. Using EDGE 44.18362.449.0, Microsoft EdgeHTML: 18.18362.

Cert by installer

Default port settings used in setup

Windows version where Windows Admin Center is installed:

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add the ability to view previous PerfMon data captures

The latest Windows Admin Center includes the ability to capture PerfMon data, but doesn't include the ability to upload and view existing data with a BLG or CSV through a saved Workspace.

Over the years, my company has developed dozens of tools to automatically parse and allow for the slicing and dicing of historical PerfMon data saved as BLGs and CSVs to help troubleshoot customer environments. Allowing organizations to upload a BLG or CSV file that in turn displays the data using a Workspace template released by my company would save our organization significant time and help improve Windows Server…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Visual disk space per disk (configurable view)

Visual disk space per disk (configurable view, might be ,lots of disks) in a pie chart style to show free/used space per disk or volume. Auto refresh enabled. Set warnings for low disk space threshold (e.g. "only 5gb left on E" etc etc)

to be shown on main screen of selected server

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. version

Display the full build version of the host machine being managed in the Overview section. Currently, it just displays the major build revision of Win 10. It should also show the minor build revision that reflects the monthly cumulative update. For example, it currently displays 10.0.18362 when it should show 10.0.18362.476.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show UBR (i.e. patch version) in Server overview

On Server 2016 and above the UBR shows the patch level. Currently (1910) only the build number is shown. Please show the UBR also, as this way will be easier to determine the patch level:
    Get-ItemPropertyValue -Path "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion" -Name "UBR"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base