Management Tools

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Learn to spell "premises," and STOP USING PREMISE

Learn to spell "premises," and STOP USING PREMISE. A "premise" is an IDEA, not a building. A "premises" is a building or campus, even if it's ONE building. So, if you can't be bothered to say all the syllables in "premises," say "prem" but for the Love of God, stop saying "premise" when you mean "premises."

The premise of "Jaws" is that a giant shark is terrorizing a beach. This forces the sheriff to come out of his premises and defeat the shark.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [Bug]

Server 2012 R2 Upgraded to Server 2019.
    HyperV manager and all VMs are fine using MMC
    When added as SERVER via WAC, Virtual Machines and Virtual Switches tabs are missing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. [Bug] Cannot add Windows PC connection to Windows Admin Center

Connecting to remote server <FQDN> failed with the following error message : WinRM cannot complete the operation. Verify that the specified computer name is valid, that the computer is accessible over the network, and that a firewall exception for the WinRM service is enabled and allows access from this computer. By default, the WinRM firewall exception for public profiles limits access to remote computers within the same local subnet. For more information, see the aboutRemoteTroubleshooting Help topic.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Cannot add servers access was denied

I cannot add any servers in my organization using local administrator accounts. WMF 5.1 is installed, but I keep getting access denied messages. Perhaps you could add a step by step guide for adding a server.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Step by step guide to adding a server is here:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/manage/windows-admin-center/use/launch#connecting-to-managed-nodes-and-clusters

Using local administrator accounts: If you are using a local user account that is not the built-in administrator account, you will need to enable the policy on the target machine by running the following command in PowerShell or at a Command Prompt as Administrator on the target machine:
    REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy /t REG_DWORD /d 1

See more on the troubleshooting guide: http://aka.ms/wactroubleshooting

6. I don't see Gateway users and Gateway administrators

I don't see Gateway users and Gateway administrators. I installed the newest version of Windows Admin Center. On Users tab!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gateway users and Gateway administrator configuration only applies when Windows Admin Center in installed as a Server service, when installed on desktop, there is only one user.

If you’ve installed on server, you’ll find the Gateway users and Gateway administrators on the Access tab of Windows Admin Center settings (the gear icon in the top right.)

7. Bring RSAT/MMC Snap-Ins to the browser

Depending on wich roles/features are installed, you get the appropriate MMC Snap-Ins web-based in the tools section

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. [Virtual Machines] Update Hyper-V Core Hosts

Be able to update Hyper-V Core hosts via the admin centre

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. compatible with a browser that works. I have Win10, Build 1803, all 4 top browsers, latest versions and all show, unsupported

compatible with a browser that works. I have Win10, Build 1803, all 4 top browsers, latest versions and all show, unsupported

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Where are you seeing this message?

Are you sure that this is not the warning that you get when using the installer-generated, self-signed certificate?
    “This site is not secure” (Microsoft Edge) or “Your connection is not private” (Google Chrome)

Only Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome are supported: https://aka.ms/WindowsAdminCenter-Browsers

Please create a new item that includes the troubleshooting information from here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/manage/windows-admin-center/use/troubleshooting#filebug

10. There should be a button to logout the currently connected Server or Windows

There is no logout button in admin center available to logout the current session connected to Server or Windows.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. management centre cannot connect to my local PC

Installed, and allows to connect but then get cannot connect error (sorry no way to paste the screen shot :()

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. add security groups to local groups

Would love to be able to add AD Security Groups to Local Groups in Users and Groups Extension

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Error on first start:

Error on first start:
    "The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem."
    PS: used "Windows Admin Center" certificate on prompt.
    On W10 1709.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Redesign in HTML5 so all modern browsers will work

The Windows Admin Center does not work in Edge, I have to use Chrome.

Its not a esoteric feature that fails, the absolute basics do not work in Edge. I've tried adding a server to it, the "Please Enter name of server to manage" dialog does not appear in Edge and the "Submit" button does not appear. It is completely non-functional in Edge.

How about it be redesigned in HTML5 so that any modern browser will work?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

incomplete idea  ·  1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. HTTP 403 error Microsoft Edge can't get to this page

HTTP 403 error Microsoft Edge can't get to this page
    Installed cert, selected correct cert, no love, IE11 at least tells me that it's unsupported

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. HTTP ERROR 500

We got an HTTP ERROR 500 when we try to open Admin Center. Any Ideas?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to view patches

Have the ability to see what patches have been installed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When i first open Project Honolulu my EDGE browser says "This site is not secure". How do i secure it?

Need instructions to make this site secure "out of the box". Is that something I have to do on each computer/browser. or is that a global setting?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Manage workgroup servers

Provide the ability to manage workgroup machines, for example for hosting provider admins to manage a large number of servers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base