Provide a PowerShell cmdlet that reports on and discovers GPO settings
Currently in order to report on GPOs, one has to run Get-GPOReport and then parse the XML/HTML report. And this is extremely challenging since GPO XML schemas are non-trivial to learn if you aren't a developer.
Ideally this PowerShell cmdlet would enable any admin to easily identify GPO settings that apply to their OU and quickly discover the impact of GPO application order.
Please add a Get-GPOSetting cmdlet which performs the following:
* Identifies GPO settings when provided an OU, site or domain.
* Provides a combined report of all settings applied to an OU,site, or domain, including detail on conflicting settings highlighting the winning GPO.
* Provide the ability to easily report on GPOs in the domain that apply specific standard settings and report on where they apply.
* Provide the ability to quickly identify OUs blocking GPOS showing the GPOs and settings that do apply and the ones that don't, highlighting the GPO settings that are blocked.
* It would be great if the cmdlet also highlighted potentially dangerous GPO settings like insecure authentication or improper User Rights Assignments on Domain Controller. If the cmdlet can't do that that's ok, but make it easy for us to run these checks. :)