How can we improve the management tools and experience in Windows Server?

[Connections] [Creds] Allow persistence of credentials across session

From Private Preview user feedback.

150 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Samuel Li (MSFT) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Happy for it not to keep the password for my admin account saved, but I would love to be able to save a DOMAIN\Username as the account to use every time, and just prompt for the password every session. Cut back on unnecessary typing.

• _dandy_ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the love of god, yes--let me save credentials.

Running this on Windows 10, it's bad enough it thinks it should use my Microsoft (Hotmail) account to log into my servers by default.

• Rabbani Syed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

let have an option to save credentials for each session so that admin do not have to login each time for all servers

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This. I seem te get a rediculous amount of credential popups, some don't seem to be functioning.

• Hamish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Option to remember the username between sessions for each server and only prompt for the password when logging in

• Avi Samocha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! I keep getting this: "These credentials are stored for this session only"

Also, in my case, we have multiple separate forests/domains and Honolulu is installed on a server in one of the domains. I would like to be able to manage all servers/VMs from one Honolulu server.

Although I can add a server from another forest/domain, I can't save the credentials for its connection.

• Jean-Francois Aprea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes ! Feature needed. Losing credential doesn't preserve the SME Experience.
        I suggest to build a Protected Storage environnment that we can easaly move with Export and Import functions.
        It think you can be inspired from RDM (Remote Desktop Manager from Devolutions: good credential mangement with local or remote storage (SQL) and folder heritance for sessions. Look at https://devolutions.net/. Always available to exchange with you and the team. Jeff/

• Jacob Benson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have admin accounts that are separate from our workstation logins. We need to be able to save/persist those credentials across sessions.

Feedback and Knowledge Base