How can we improve the management tools and experience in Windows Server?

[Connections] [List] Ability to group connections together (pre-defined and custom group)

From Private Preview user feedback.

208 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Samuel Li (MSFT) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

31 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Robert Lam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to have option to put servers/clusters in groups/folders. This will help to group the servers into functional or departmental groups to reduce the list of servers display on the screen.

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Different server groups should be able to be configured to use different credentials. As an example; DEV, QA, and PROD credentials should be able to be set on server groups named dev, qa, or prod.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great if connections can be grouped. In addition, the "manage as" should be applied not only on one and all connections, but also on group scope.

• Jeremy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We currently use other tools to send PS/CMD commands to groups of machines simultaneously. Would love if WAC would allow us to group hosts for this purpose.

• ahmad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

create folders to group the different department workstation together and server's together also when i share the link with my colleague he must import the workstation's again and start the process again (me and my colleague are in the same group in active directory and i import the group in WAC)

Add ability to categorized servers in Folder tree plus to append credential per folder instead of session

• steven fried commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Devices need to be in Groups or Categories. Something like Remote Desktop Connection Manager. Too difficult if it is all in one list.

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add membership in connection group as attribute in import functionality to enable automation of import process into the correct group.

• Stefan Halasek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i like it
    my idea was to add a WAC powershell module and some commandos for the WAC like
    get-ADcomputers -filter asyoulike | add-WACcomputer -credentials $User -Password $PW
    for example, i think you get it.
    kr

[Feature request] create groups
    it would be helpfull if groups could be created, to separate environments with different runas accouns. Like for internal and DMZ servers

• Marc Vanderhaegen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A folder structure would be great to sort servers by role or projects. It would also be easier to navigate through the list of servers when you have a lot of them. If possible please, add also a button to exports the folder structure so we can distribute already customized console.

• Craig. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Group Servers and computers allowing for group actions like restarts. I'm primarily thinking this would be useful for lab environments but I'm sure it would be useful elsewhere.

I'd like to be able to create groups of servers rather than a flat listing I need to scroll or search thru. I have imported ~200 servers and finding the right one could be easier. similar to how the RDCMan tool allows for nesting of servers.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base