How can we improve the management tools and experience in Windows Server?

[Deployment] Allow Windows Admin Center to be configured one time for all your admins

Allow Windows Admin Center to be configured one time for all your admins. I find it hard to believe that every admin at a business will need to config this product separately. Why not have a admin group that can see all and have one person doing all the config work.....

405 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Philip Horst shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With support for shared connections and management of connections and Extensions with PowerShell, we are going to mark this as complete.

If you have a more specific feature that would help you configure Windows Admin Center one time for all your admins, please create new suggestions.

Read more about shared connections:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/manage/windows-admin-center/configure/shared-connections

Read more about managing your connection list with PowerShell:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/manage/windows-admin-center/use/get-started#use-powershell-to-import-or-export-your-connections-with-tags

Read more about managing your extensions with PowerShell: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/manage/windows-admin-center/configure/using-extensions#manage-extensions-with-powershell

31 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Joerg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hallo,

waere sehr hilfreich die Server zentral bereit zu stellen. Besser waere es, wenn man die Server automatisiert aus dem AD einlesen koennte.

And now in bad english. :-)
    The idea is ok. Better, I can Import my Server direct from the Active Directory. Give us a List with all Server from the AD and then let us Import.

Best regards/Beste Gruesse
    Joerg

• Mads Johansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1

While they are at it, they could extend their group capabilities, so members of group ex. "RDP Servers New York" would automatically have all servers from the "New York" group imported and continuously synchronized from a central source.

• OGO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 could be like deployments that way it's done with RDWeb where you deploy a collection of servers to a group of admins and that's what they see when they sign in.

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 For Configuration Via groups. There's no way I would want to spend time setting up/updating WAC for each member of the helpdesk.

• Timothy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Servers / Clusters etc. added by any admin should be visible by all admins. Or make it configureable (only visible by, visible to group(s) or visible to everyone)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a team of 10 users, all of which share admin tasks across several hundred servers. Having one list to maintain of those servers, yet allowing each of them to use their own admin credentials to access/administrate is going to be KEY in getting buy in for this tool. Having to create the list for EVERY user that wants to use this, and then maintain that list, is impossible with the number of servers we have in our enviro.

• DE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be really helpful especially when comparing to lists you might see in vCenter or other tools where you can see all lists and groupings and share between teams.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Based on administrative settings, set a specific server list to be automatically populated for users based on their AD group membership.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would be nice if all members of say a server team, could view the same set of servers that other users have setup, and could be a living list.

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base