How can we improve the management tools and experience in Windows Server?

[Bug]Too many authentication pop-ups

Too many authentication pop-ups. Literally making this tool unusable.

Chrome / Firefox - no luck, still prompted. Unable to test it on Edge because the servers do not have Edge. Edge on user's workstation is again not helpful because any corporate environment is expected to have proxy and bound to websocket issue that is mentioned in known issues.

So at the end, a tool which is mentioned as "production ready" doesn't seems to be so. At first, very exited about the concept but result is not encouraging.

74 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Viswa shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue here from Server 2016 (our RDS jump host for IT) with Chrome.
    Edge not available...

• Ivan Palikuca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same goes here, I constantly have to retype credentials to be able to manage, minimum 3-4 times for each server I attempt to open and "using windows credentials" won't work, I have to use "other" and type "DOMAIN\username" and pass

• Ross commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also having an odd issue where the Graph for CPU and Memory isn't showing up, but network will in Firefox.

• Brian Buchanan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Server 2016 LTSC, which we use as a jump host, doesn't have Edge, so need authentication to work with any browser.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Getting prompted for invalid credentials when I'm already a local admin

• John Neset commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rocking this in gateway mode on Server 2016, enabled Kerberos delegation on that computer object to no change via Firefox/Edge/Chrome.

Feedback and Knowledge Base