Management Tools

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. WinRM cannot complete the operation. Verify that the specified computer name is valid, that the computer is accessible over the network, and

Connection Error: WinRM cannot complete the operation. Verify that the specified computer name is valid, that the computer is accessible over the network, and that a firewall exception for the WinRM service is enabled and allows access from this computer. By default, the WinRM firewall exception for public profiles limits access to remote computers within the same local subnet. For more information, see the aboutRemoteTroubleshooting Help topic.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remote desktop enable clipboard

It would be great to implement clipboard transfer for remote connection

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [Bug] Admin Center 1910.2 cannot add Hyper-V server Cannot read property 'serverName' of null

Latest update 1910.2 has a bug where you cannot add an hyper-v server because it can't get some properties as discussed here:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/windows-admin-center/now-available-windows-admin-center-1910-2-insider-preview/m-p/1317276/highlight/false#M947

sessionId : adf7e686-5c9a-458e-903e-bad8b864ed70
    eventId : Trace
    level : Error
    sourceName : msft.sme.shell
    source : MultiToolComponent
    timestamp : 1587485984939
    stack :
    moreEventData :

This problem is not present on 1910.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. [Bug] Dashbord not working when BaseBoardProduct is null

Version 1910.2
    Build 1.2.2003.11001

WAC fails to work properly when attempting to manage Windows Server 2016 running on ProLiant ML310e Gen8 v2.
    When I look at the console, I see the following error, which I think is the cause.

Type: RemoteException
    message: このオブジェクトにプロパティ 'Product' が見つかりません。プロパティが存在することを確認してください。

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. [Network] [BUG] configuring an IPv6 / IPv4 Adress without DNS / Gateway

It is not possible to setup IPv4 or IPv6 Addresses without specifying a Gateway or DNS servers.

using :: doesn't work either.

It should be possible to only assign a network address without a mandantory Gateway or DNS Servers just as in the GUI / sconfig.

Usecase: cluster / live migration networks, internal networks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. [Hyper-V] [Design issue] Virtual switch does not show the used adapter

tested in 1910.2

How to repro:
    create a virtual switch
    view options of the virtual switch

the output in WAC does not make clear enough which adapter is bind to the virtual switch, but gives you a rough list of all adapters available

expected behaviour: Network interface should be a drop down field.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. [Virtual Machine] [BUG] Path of virtual harddisk is shown wrong

How to repro:
    create a virtual machine
    select a path for the machine / harddisk
    The wizard shows the correct path for the virtual machine (config, smart paging etc) but the disk path shows the default for VHDX as setup on the Hyper-V Host

Effectively the VHDX will be placed in the chosen path but does show the wrong path. Especially when selecting a CSV.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Stop changing login credentials

Sane admins aren't running with a user account with high privileges at all times. Thus we need to use WAC with different credentials. Yet every time we open it up it defaults to our logged-in credentials and you have to re-do the same steps over and over and over again to change to credentials.

This has been ongoing for the entire life of this product. I would think this can get fixed without thousands of hours of effort needed. It's by far the biggest frustration with using WAC to me. Please fix this dumb issue finally

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hyper-V Virtual Switch VLAN Management - Adding and Editing VLANs

Currently, one needs to use powershell to tag vlans on virtual switches (unless they have system center), it would be convenient to be able do this via Windows Admin Center

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Copy Folders & Drag and Drop

It would be great if the file manager in windows admin center supported uploading folders and not simply files. Also it would be really nice if you could simply drag and drop files and folders from you pc into the file browser in Windows Admin Center to upload them.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Windows Admin Center 1910 and Install-WindowsAdminCenterHA-1907.zip includes Install-WindowsAdminCenterHA.ps1 unable to deploy HA

Regarding the HA configuration, the following phenomenon has occurred and I feel that I can not deploy it properly.
    - HA configuration deployment is complete if there is no computer object for the cluster. However, the HA configuration cluster resource does not start because the computer object specified in the ClientAccessPoint option has not been created.
    -I create a computer object for the cluster, invalidate it, and deploy the HA configuration, the deployment fails.

The prepared environment is as follows.
    - Windows Server 2019 English Failover Cluster
    It is a FailOver Cluster consisting of 2 nodes with a shared disk…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. [WAC] Create cluster failed at step 3.1

Type:Deploy hyperconverged infrastructure with software-defined networking
    Issue Step:3.1 Validate cluster
    WAC Version:1910
    Extension version:1.2.0
    Error messages:Could not get validation report.
    Two nodes Windows Server 2019 17763.914 for HCI + one Windows 10 for WAC server.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. [Storage]

I have tried both ESXI and Hyper-V, it seems there have lots of improvement areas for Hyper-V or WAC just for a simple action: manage storage!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. [Feature] More Option in WAC for Hyper-V settings and VM Disk

There are missing some options in Hyper-V role like

• no option to enable SR-IOV on network card, DHCP Protection etc.

• no option to set fixed size VHDX when creating VM

For me its crucial not because i cant use powershell but because not only i menage server and not everyone know powershell like me.
    Of course you can use RSAT but it wont work if you force WinRM over SSL so i thin is very important to add this to WAC

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Pik morgin plisz tanket of sideze

Autoficar con usb dvd divice

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server management tools (In-box)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. multiple powershell

Allow to create custom script on powershell and run on multiple devices at same time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. DNS extension sorting

DNS extension should use numerical sorting for IP addresses instead of alphanumeric. For a long list of records, this is really confusing.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. [BUG] [Storage] [Resize Volume] Volume size will not be refreshed

In addition to this issue stated here
    https://windowsserver.uservoice.com/forums/295071-management-tools/suggestions/37020679--storage-resize-volume-needs-use-all-available

I am now seeing a new problem in WAC 1910 and 1910.2

The volume size will only be refreshed once. Refresh button does not work for VOLUMES. It works for DISKS.

how to repro:
    in hyper-v / VMware enlarge the a VHDX/ VMDK of the server
    connect to a virtual server via WAC
    Go to storage
    you will see the unallocated space on the disk
    resize the volume which has the unallocated space on the disk

repeat increasing the disk size in Hyper-V / VMware

press the refresh button on disks >…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Apps & features

It would great to have the ability to export the apps list to a CSV, excel or even pdf file

Same for hardware info.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base