Management Tools

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Gateway] Save user setting in the service instead of the browser

Settings for Dark Mode, Console Settings, & other various settings should be saved for each user to the WCFS CSV for clustered setups. This way a user can have the same experience regardless of browser or computer used. Currently these settings are saved to local browser and it is a pain for users to resetup their configurations when switching browsers

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It would be nice if File Storage Migration tool would ACTUALLY WORK!!!

The File Storage Migration tool sounds like an amazingly wonderful tool -- but the reality is that it WILL NOT WORK!!!

I can't get it to do anything in any browser I've tried except to generate the following error, and keep spinning and spinning and spinning....... ad nauseam!

Notification details
    Error
    RemoteException: The type 'System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal' is not supported for serialization or deserialization of a dictionary. Keys must be strings.

5:16:09 AM
    Source
    Go to Storage Migration Service.
    Type
    Error

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [Issue] Inverted Graphs in Edge after switching tabs

When you are in the overview on a system and you switch tabs in the new Edge Dev browser to any other tab then go back to Windows Admin Center all of the graphs are inverted. This occurs for any image including RDP windows.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Erweiterung konnte nicht aktualisiert werden Fehler: pl.a.throw is not a function

I get notifications for available updates of extensions of win admin center.
    After selecting the first extension and after clicking button "update", I recieve following error message:

Erweiterung konnte nicht aktualisiert werden: „msft.sme.azure-file-sync“. Fehler: pl.a.throw is not a function

In English approximately:
    Extension could not be updated: „msft.sme.azure-file-sync“. Fehler: pl.a.throw is not a function

Win Admin Center is installed on localhost, a Win 10 machine with latest updates and 1903 update

WinAdminCenter Version
    Erstellen

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Manage Active Directory Groupmembership

Cant manage group membership using WAC Active Directory Extension.
    It always says "no records found"

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Direct Access and VPN role

Well, I like the Admin Center, but I cannot manage the Direct Access and VPN Role on a 2019 Core server. Hope that's planned and will be available soon.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. [Bug] After update from WAC 1809 to 1904.1: access denied to: C:\ProgramData\Server Management Experience\Extensions\extensions.config

Woring WAC 1809 was upgraded to 1904.1 (local/desktop mode).
    All works but when I go to Settings/Extensions error is thrown and no extension is loaded to the list:

"Access denied to: C:\ProgramData\Server Management Experience\Extensions\extensions.config"

It is installed on Win10 1809 Pro PC, domain joined.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Create and Deploy Just Enough Administration (JEA) roles via DSC in Windows Admin Center

Allow creation of Just Enough Administration (JEA) roles in Windows Admin Center. Allow application of created or pre-created JEA roles to server manged by Windows Admin Center via Desired State Configuration (DSC).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. [virtual machines] Resize .VHD and / or .VHDX

It will be very good to resize the VHD or VHDX of Virtual Machines through the Windows Admin Center

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. WAC 1910; changing network adapter DNS deletes A records and does not recreate

WAC 1910; changing network adapter DNS deletes A records (even static ones) and does not recreate. Primary and Secondary DNS servers get changed even though an error is thrown in WAC "Couldn't update IPv4 network settings..."

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. McAfee Adaptive Threat Protection Would Block

McAfee detect the wsmprovhost.exe as a malware when monitor computers for processes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. RDMA counter missing in performance monitor

RDMA Activity which is found in Performance Monitor (mmc) is missing on Performance Monitor in WAC

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Configure LAPS password as a "Lazy Property"

When querying AD Computer properties, the field storing the password set through the Local Administrator Password Solution is displayed in clear text by any account with permissions. An administrator querying other attributes can inadvertently display the password. If this were set as a "lazy property" then the ms-Mcs-AdmPwd field would need to be directly specified before the password was displayed. This would minimize accidental display and logging.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Support non-Microsoft DNS and/or DHCP

I know this is a bit of a stretch but being able to support some other DNS/DHCP solutions would be amazing. Perhaps this would be more of an avenue for an IPAM solution to add an extension.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. [RBAC] the true solution for Hyper-V like SCVMM

The true RBAC solution for Hyper-V like SCVMM, which has full RBAC capabilities with very granular options for assigning different rights through the use of custom user roles that can be created and assigned the required configuration targeting specific resources.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Remote desktop enable clipboard

It would be great to implement clipboard transfer for remote connection

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add user selection button for username box

When I'm using mmc snap-ins every username box has a "browse" button beside it. So I'm able to select a local pc user or an active directory user. It is very hard to remember all user's credentials if there're hundreds of them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Printer Management Powershell enhancement

Would it be possible to enhance the powershell cmdlets for Printer Management to include the "Export printers to a file" and "Import printers from a file".

I believe this would allow for a script to be created to enable easy backup of the print server to include print queues, ports, drivers and forms.

The ability to do this is easily available in the GUI, but without a Powershell cmdlet, I can't find a way to script it. (I could be wrong).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server management tools (In-box)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Issue installing update from 1909 to 1910

When I run the MSI to update 1909 to 1910 I get this message
    Unhandled Exception:
    system.management.automation.methodinvocation
    Exception Exception calling “Add” with “1” argument(s): “Access is denied.”

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. audit permissions on fileshares with Admincenter

It would be nice to have a way to audit or display the permissions of a fileserver with AdminCenter. Maybe pull the share/NTFS permissions into a PowerBI report so that the permissions can be drilled down on by group or user or directory path.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base