Management Tools

How can we improve the management tools and experience in Windows Server?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Tool to allow configuration of bug check dump type / page file config

Be able to configure mini/kernel/complete/active dumps remotely, and have it be immediately active like when using the Windows GUI. Also to be able to configure the Page File remotely.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [Credentials ]Login page with SSO button (+ User Management)

Gives the possibility to login in with an admin account, if you are working with an normal account on your computer.
    Also you should be able to restrict access to i.e. an AD group.

194 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [BUG] Remote desktop FR keyboard wrong

US keyboard selected is partialy FR (azerty but 123 not working as intended))
    FR keyboard selected is partialy US (qwerty)
    Num Keypad is not working at all.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Unable to import Hyper-Converged clusters in txt list

I cannot import Hyper-Converged clusters which are in txt file, they are line separated. Add buttorn is greyed out.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. [Credentials] Cannot run Windows Admin Center logged on as a general user even when prompted for admin password

Want ability to run WAC under general user and be prompted for admin password.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. have the update icon go clockwise vs. counter-clockwise

have the update icon go clockwise vs. counter-clockwise

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 194 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  24 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. rdp

Give RDP session windows a little more polish

RDP sessions are slightly cut off around the edge

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support for Extended Protection for Authentication

Does Windows Admin Center support Extended Protection for Authentication? I have been unable to find any documentation on this scenario but with the increased prominence of MitM and credential relay attacks, support for EPA would I expect be of interest to many customers with strict security requirements. Given WAC is likely to often be authenticating privileged accounts this makes EPA support particularly valuable as an additional safeguard against credential theft.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Performance Live Chart

Hi,
    I have installed windows admin center to test it, all is working but if I try to check live performance chart of a VM on a Hyper-V 2016 host in cluster, the charts are empty and I receive this error:

Error
    There was an error getting the performance live chart data for NAMEOFTHEVM. Error: RemoteException: Failed Activity ID: {f76b827b-f347-4d0e-8592-368d071d103e}.

The host performance live charts works and all the other things seems working.
    I have this problem on all the 2016 hosts of the cluster.

Best Regards
    Alessandro

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. [Storage]

[Storage] [Functionality] In Storage\File shares\Edit Share\ the Folder permissions are shown and managed instead of the Share permissions. Adding a Group or User will result permissions on the Folder instead of the Share. Should Folder permissions not be managed here?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. [Hyper-V Replica]

All Hyper-V Replica Features.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Okta Single Sign-on Support

Windows Admin Center should support provisioning access and SSO using a SAML or similar IdP, such as Okta.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add a widget that show all monitored server dive status (%used, %free, health, etc)

It would be great to have all of my monitored system vitals displayed in one pane, rather than poking around server to server to identify them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. IPs on the Overview tab.

Place actual IPs on the Overview tab.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. [Remote Desktop] - Hangs/continuously loading

I've setup WAC on a server and added all the servers but am unable to remote desktop onto any of them.

I have tried this on both a completely separate Workgroup setup and a domain setup but both have similar issues.

Every other server management section that I've tested works fine. I've also tested using EnterPSSession from the WAC server -> a target server and that works.

Totally out of ideas, the trust configuration is configured to correctly handle the servers and my account has full admin to everything.

Anyone got any ideas?
    Since both my workgroup and domain setup…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. [BUG] Settings -> Remote Desktop

Cannot change remote desktop settings on managed server. Every time i want enable RemoteDesktop on machine i must do this manually.
    Admin Center 1809 every time return this:

Cannot get remote desktop settings
    ERROR (1) RemoteException: You must specify an object for the Get-Member cmdlet. (2) RemoteException: You must specify an object for the Get-Member cmdlet. (3) RemoteException: You must specify an object for the Get-Member cmdlet.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. [Deployment] Windows Admin Center - Allow Install on Domain Controller (Lab Testing)

Please allow Windows Admin Center to be installed on a domain controller. This is needed for training, lab and testing scenarios. The current MSI package blocks this.

Yes, it is well understood that extra or unnecessary services should not be installed on domain controllers, no one doubts this, no need to debate or rehash it here -- but this choice should be left up to the org, it should not be an artificial restriction imposed by the Admin Center installer.

Yes, everyone is aware that it can be installed on another VM for lab testing or training, that this would…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base