Management Tools

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Delegation] Allow delegation to any service without having to specify remote computer and service for Kerberos Delegation

Kerberos delegation currently only works when you specify http/Servername.domain within the delegation tab of the gateway server. Please allow us to check "Trust this computer for delegation to any service (kerberos only"

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [Azure] [Deployment] Azure VM Extension for Project Honolulu

Provide an Azure VM Extension for Porject Honolulu gateway so Project Honolulu can be installed on Azure VMs using ARM Templates

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. [New tool] Skype for Business

Extension option to manage Skype for Business

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. [Global] [Export] [Grid] Exportable Views

It would be hand to export/print views, ie firewall rules, devices, etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. [RD] [Settings] see and change the users that are allowed RDP access on the server

In the Overview\Settings\remote Desktop:

I'd like to be able to see (and change) the users that are allowed RDP access on the server

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Set-GPPermissions always prompting

Does anyone know how to bypass the Set-GPPermissions prompt? I have an automated script that removes 'Authenticated Users' from the security filtering and I couldn´t find a way to bypass it. Even if I put -Confirm:$false it still prompts... There is no -force option in this command..
    Get-gpo $policy_name -Domain $domain | Set-GPPermissions -Replace -PermissionLevel None -TargetName 'Authenticated Users' -TargetType group
    I know after kb3163622 all computers must have read access to user GPOs, and I will be using another security group to this GPO above, so just wanted to avoid that prompt confirmation.
    I have already posted it here …

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Group Policy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. [UI] More compact layout for 1280x800 screens

Please look how to put more info on screen, if screen are "HD-ready" or smaller, like 1280x800.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. [Events] Modify Subscriptions in Event Viewer

You are unable to modify/view Event subscriptions from with Project Honolulu.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. [Connections] [Tags] automatically add tags based on installed roles

It would be great to have TAGS for the diferent roles! and be able to sort them by role!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Update Best Practices Analyzer (BPA)

I was asked to post the following over here relating to BPA

Many thanks for your response. However, I'm afraid "More information...." seems not to be very helpful for the list of warnings I have.

For example "ServerHidden should be enabled", takes you to "Windows Server Future Resources", which is dated August 2011.

"ValidateShareScope should be enabled", does take you to a page of that name, but for Windows Server 2012, and tells you to Enable ValidateShareScope on this server -- This has been enabled in HKLM\HKEYLOCALMACHINE\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters -- or is that the wrong place?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server management tools (In-box)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. server manager

I would like to see in Server Manager the ability to connect to another server that supports server manager so that we can get the local server settings without having to RDP onto the server.

Also make it so when using Server Manager from a Windows 10 box and clicking on the different services you get the tools to manage that service along with the events/services/etc that are already there.

I find in its current state from a remote management point of view to be very useless.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server management tools (In-box)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. SMT connection templates uses Subscription's location instead of the user selected location

In the following situation, it would be failed to create SMT connection resource.
    - Subsscription is located the region which isn't provide SMT connection.
    - Select "create new resource group".
    - Select the location which is provided the SMT connection service.

In this situation, new resource group is created at the Subscription's region, so that it would be fail to create the SMT connection resource. (Because the resource group is created at unsupported region.)

I know that SMT (preview) is being retired on June 30th, 2017. So, I feedback this bug but I think it's not necessary to fix.

If…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add a GPO option to set "Directory Services" (and other default channels) event log maximum size.

Add a GPO option to set "Directory Services" (and other defaults channels) event log maximum size. Currently this is done by setting maxsize on "HKEYLOCALMACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\EventLog\Directory Services", but it would be great if there's a default admx for it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Group Policy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Server Management for Windows Server 2016/2012R2/2012 from Azure

It would be very helpful to take an administration of the servers (WS2016 / WS2012R2 / WS2012) from Azure, even the group management of the different servers, here you can take advantage of the following tasks: Windows Server Backup, Device Manager, Disk Management And Remote Desktop.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. ServerManager gets uninstalled

ServerManager gets uninstalled in Windows Server 2016 when the FileServer Role is uninstalled. ServerManager should always be available in Full UI, even if I don't require the FileServer Role.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server management tools (In-box)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Is it possible to centralize Azure Backup agents from Azure Console or Server Manager?

It would be helpful to centralize all Azure Backup agents from a main console in the Server Manager or the Azure portal, so you can manage the backup and restore policies, managing multiple servers and workstations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server management tools in Azure (Retired)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add a rich GPO provider

I'd like to see a good, rich GPO provider. One that would allow me to do a set-location to some node in any .ADM/.ADMX we have loaded, would allow me to load/remove ADMXs from scope, and get/set/new any value.

The idea is to enable IT Pros to automate fully any setting in any GPO object.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Group Policy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base