Management Tools

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Bug] IIS Binding Multiple SSL hostnames

Creating multiple hostname bindings with SSL to the same site reports "Already Exists" ... EG binding .domain1.com and .domain2.com to 443 with a SAN cert covering the expected URLs.

Works fine from IIS remote from another server.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. FIX 1910.2

Microsoft are you on the correct planet Fix this

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more information  ·  0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [S2D] Azure HCI, add information re Storage Pool rebuild

When you need to add disks / nodes to a S2D cluster you can use get-storagejob to view minimal information about rebuild timelines.
    It would be nice to add similar but better more in depth into WAC.
    Also why is there no Pool information displayed in WAC ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. [Bug] Browse option not opening the Destination Server when moving a VM.

When moving a VM from one Hyper-V Server to another, if you click "Browse" to specify the destination folder where the VM is going, WAC opens the Source server instead.
    This can easily recreated by setting up two 2019 Servers with Hyper-V, try to move one VM to another using WAC Move option, and click Browse... This will take you to the Source server instead of the Destination.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. [Bug] Unable to get computer information Windows Admin Center

WAC installed on Windows 10 PRO,
    Trying to access the same machine information trough WAC.

I am on a admin account. When I try to access the computer I choose: Use My Windows Account. Then I'm prompted again, I choose LAPS and provide the user name I'm using.

in Event Viewer I get warnings like:
    The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {some-guid}
    and APPID
    {other-guid}
    to the user machine/user SID (user-sid) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. [Scheduled Tasks] Scheduled tasks Task History menu

Scheduled Tasks menu could use the Task History menu option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. [Bug] Version 1910.2 stop working cluster manager Hyper-v

[Bug] Version 1910.2 stop working Cluster Manager Hyper-v

Type
    Error

RemoteException: Cannot convert the "System.Object[]" value of type "System.Object[]" to type "System.Int32".

Try fixing any computer connection issues and refreshing the browser. We couldn't query the computer inventory data to determine the set of tools. Error: RemoteException: Cannot convert the "System.Object[]" value of type "System.Object[]" to type "System.Int32".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Creating the Virtual Switch fails if the name of any network adapters contains a space

Creating the Virtual Switch fails if the name of any network adapters contains a space

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. [Remote Desktop] Allow remote desktop to be expanded to fill the whole page

The remote descktop pane seems very restricted in size. Allow the pane to go full screen and/or fill the webpage.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. On my non persistent virtual desktop I loose the personalization (dark mode), store it on the gateway

When I logoff/logon on our VDI the personalization (dark mode) is not enabled. Where's that stored? Can it get stored on the gateway instead?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to sort Server Manager > Remote Desktop Services > Collections

I would like the ability to be able sort the Remote Desktop collections in Server Manager. If you have a large number of collections it is difficult to find the collection you want to mange.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make the features RemoteDesktop and PowerShell work

Installed the newest (Version 1910.2, Build 1.2.2003.11001) Windows-Admin-Center. Most of the management features seem to work. Except: PowerShell and RemoteDesktop. With both credentials are requested but rejected what so ever. Using RemoteDesktop of PowerShell->Enter-PSSession with those credential outside WAC works without any problem. Would be nice, if these features would work within WAC and would be really great, if already given credentials would be used without asking again, best with this being an option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. WAC - enable Azure AD Application proxy full support (with websockets)

WAC should be configurable fully with Azure AD Application Proxy. These 2 technologies are a potentially great combination

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. If the keywords specified in the cluster validation are localized, it will guess that Cluster Creation will not work.

In Windows Admin Center 1910.2, I installed Cluster Creation 1.2.0 and confirmed creation of Classic Failover Cluster.
    The Japanese version of Windows Server 2019 cannot perform cluster validation.
    The English version of Windows Server 2019 can perform cluster validation.
    If the keywords specified in the cluster validation are localized, it will guess that Cluster Creation will not work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. WAC Performance Monitor-Change Units

I would like to be able to change units and/or have an option to auto-scale units. An example would be network adapter bandwidth which is fixed to Bytes/sec. I would like the option to change this to bits or bytes with kilo, mega, giga scales.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Remote Computer mit wake on lan starten

1. Virtuelle Maschinen, die ausgeschaltet oder gespeichert sind starten.

2. Remote Computer über wake on lan starten

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Windows Admin Center Setup generates an error "1: Unhandled exception"

Windows Admin Center Setup generates an error
    "1: Unhandled exception"

Situation: The gateway(Windows Server 2019) has all the newest updates!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to sort by tag or another sort-able field to group servers or computers.

Such as sort by locations, Hyper-V server, DC's etc...

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hostnames changing

Our one main issue is, the hostnames constantly change in WAC. Once you connect to a server, WAC will then show the correct hostname again. But then next time you connect to WAC, the hostname may be wrong again. For example, we have servers named like "prod-01-w19-server1", "prod-01-w19-server2", etc. Sometimes WAC will incorrectly show hostname for server1 as server2. Once we connect to server1, then it will show the correct hostname again, for awhile.

This is in AWS, managing 2019 servers. I'm assuming this is unique to our environment, as I don't see any other posts about this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. After-install customisations seem impossible. Suggestions.

I want to be able to change the listening port after installing WAC.
    Also, the "WinRM only over HTTPS" setting should be able to change after installing too.
    Also, I would like to be able to change the WAC web-server certificate to one of my own.
    Also, when using WAC locally, I want an option for whether it should open a new browser page when I start it. I find it really annoying when it opens a new page on a browser, because it always chooses the wrong browser. :(
    You could instead put an option on the system tray's…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base