Management Tools

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. RDMA counter missing in performance monitor

RDMA Activity which is found in Performance Monitor (mmc) is missing on Performance Monitor in WAC

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Configure LAPS password as a "Lazy Property"

When querying AD Computer properties, the field storing the password set through the Local Administrator Password Solution is displayed in clear text by any account with permissions. An administrator querying other attributes can inadvertently display the password. If this were set as a "lazy property" then the ms-Mcs-AdmPwd field would need to be directly specified before the password was displayed. This would minimize accidental display and logging.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support non-Microsoft DNS and/or DHCP

I know this is a bit of a stretch but being able to support some other DNS/DHCP solutions would be amazing. Perhaps this would be more of an avenue for an IPAM solution to add an extension.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Remote desktop enable clipboard

It would be great to implement clipboard transfer for remote connection

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add user selection button for username box

When I'm using mmc snap-ins every username box has a "browse" button beside it. So I'm able to select a local pc user or an active directory user. It is very hard to remember all user's credentials if there're hundreds of them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Printer Management Powershell enhancement

Would it be possible to enhance the powershell cmdlets for Printer Management to include the "Export printers to a file" and "Import printers from a file".

I believe this would allow for a script to be created to enable easy backup of the print server to include print queues, ports, drivers and forms.

The ability to do this is easily available in the GUI, but without a Powershell cmdlet, I can't find a way to script it. (I could be wrong).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server management tools (In-box)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Issue installing update from 1909 to 1910

When I run the MSI to update 1909 to 1910 I get this message
    Unhandled Exception:
    system.management.automation.methodinvocation
    Exception Exception calling “Add” with “1” argument(s): “Access is denied.”

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. audit permissions on fileshares with Admincenter

It would be nice to have a way to audit or display the permissions of a fileserver with AdminCenter. Maybe pull the share/NTFS permissions into a PowerBI report so that the permissions can be drilled down on by group or user or directory path.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. [bug] Cluster Creation extension version 1.1

Even putting the domain administrator username and password an error happens.

Erro: https://i.imgur.com/tlqGhkI.gifv

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Windows update reboot

Change the default from restart immediately to schedule restart as I installed some updates that said they didn't require a reboot to find the server then restarted anyway

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. windows admin center shared connection

All Admins should be able to see new servers added under Connections after I set it up. It appears that it used to be available by adding Shared Connections

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. [Bug]

Remote Desktop not working when WAC accessed through AAD Application Proxy, works when accessed directly.

Server: Azure: Windows Server 2016 Datacenter. Version 1607. OS Build 14393.3326 (domain joined)

Client: Windows 10 pro. Version 1902 OS Build: 18362.576. Using EDGE 44.18362.449.0, Microsoft EdgeHTML: 18.18362.

Cert by installer

Default port settings used in setup

Windows version where Windows Admin Center is installed:

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add the ability to view previous PerfMon data captures

The latest Windows Admin Center includes the ability to capture PerfMon data, but doesn't include the ability to upload and view existing data with a BLG or CSV through a saved Workspace.

Over the years, my company has developed dozens of tools to automatically parse and allow for the slicing and dicing of historical PerfMon data saved as BLGs and CSVs to help troubleshoot customer environments. Allowing organizations to upload a BLG or CSV file that in turn displays the data using a Workspace template released by my company would save our organization significant time and help improve Windows Server…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. [Bug] In Windows Admin Center Preview 1908, if you install the Pure Storage Preview Plugin, it breaks the "Add" server functionality etc.

[Bug] In Windows Admin Center Preview 1908, if you install the Pure Storage Preview Plugin, it breaks the "Add" server functionality etc. Removing the plugin restores the affected functionality. Installing other plugins doesn't affect console functionality that I have seen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. [Storage] Better documentation for Storage Replica Support

Followed instructions here. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/storage/storage-replica/server-to-server-storage-replication

And Storage Replica keeps telling me to "Install the Remote Server Administration Tools on this PC and then Restart"

I have...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. version

Display the full build version of the host machine being managed in the Overview section. Currently, it just displays the major build revision of Win 10. It should also show the minor build revision that reflects the monthly cumulative update. For example, it currently displays 10.0.18362 when it should show 10.0.18362.476.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Show UBR (i.e. patch version) in Server overview

On Server 2016 and above the UBR shows the patch level. Currently (1910) only the build number is shown. Please show the UBR also, as this way will be easier to determine the patch level:
    Get-ItemPropertyValue -Path "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion" -Name "UBR"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. alias

Would be helpful to have alias ability in the initial "connections" screen (list of added computers), instead of just the computer names only being listed currently.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Danish "Regional format"

It would be awesome if the Language Region followed my choice of settings in Windows. I'd like English language interface with Danish Regional format - the latter is unfortunately not supported.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow CAU in WAC without Self Updating schedule

It would be great if I could use the CAU feature in WAC without setting an automatic schedule in the Cluster Self Updating feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base