• Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Bug][Updates]

WAC 1910, build 1.2.1910.31005
    Server Management
    module/tab: Updates
    Function: Install-WindowsUpdates

Issue: Schedule restart takes no effect.

Schedule restart setting is not effect, target server reboots immediately after windows update installed while schedule restart time was defined in web UI

event found on WAC:
    {"powerShell":"Install-WindowsUpdates","module":"msft.sme.shell"}

event on target server:
    {"powerShell":"Install-WindowsUpdates","module":"msft.sme.shell","userOnGateway":"###########","gateway":"##########","delegation":"True","userOnTarget":"########"}

WAC installed as gateway on Windows Server 2016 (OS Build 14393.3300) - connected to domain
    target server is Windows Server 2012R2

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sort tags in the Filter panel

Tags seem to be listed in the 'Filter' panel in the order that they were added to the system - please provide the option to sort them alphabetically. Perhaps also provide a search bar within the 'Filter' panel, to only show matching filters.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [Bug] LDAP server is unavailable when addding security group

Querying active directory domain for list of machines, when adding servers to the gateway is working properly.
    Managing gateway access, can't add any allowed groups (local or domain) - Gateway users or administrators.

Error: The LDAP server is unavailable.
    localhost

Event log:
    500 - LdapException: The LDAP server is unavailable.
    Stack trace: at System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapConnection.Connect()
    at System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapConnection.SendRequestHelper(DirectoryRequest request, Int32& messageID)
    at System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapConnection.SendRequest(DirectoryRequest request, TimeSpan requestTimeout)
    at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalContext.ReadServerConfig(String serverName, ServerProperties& properties)

WAC installed as gateway on Windows Server 2016 (OS Build 14393.2969) - connected to domain
    WAC version 1904.1 & 1906 preview
    Acces to WAC from Windows…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. [Intune] Intune Connector for Windows Admin Center

We are lacking a remote management tool for our Intune Windows Clients. As we are using windows admin center for our on prem clients, it would be great to connect to a windows 10 intune client to get access to eventlog, powershell etc..

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. show Windows Update on Dashboard

It will be a good Idea to select more than one server and have it search for updates.. instead of one by one.. Once a month I have to spend hours just on waiting for the servers to apply the updates.. it will be a great Idea to centralize that...

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. [RD] [Credential Format] Credentials are not valid. Verify the username and password are correct and try to reconnect.

I entered the correct username and password, but Ti kept prompting me that my credentials were wrong. I could enter the management interface of Center. I could not enter the remote desktop in the management interface.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. [Multi-Machine] [Virtual Machines] windows updates for VMs

I can do the windows updates for each machine listed in my long list of servers but if I go to my HyperV server and see the list of VM's, I would like to be able to run windows update against those machines without connecting RDP into each VM and then running Windows Update

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. [RBAC] [JEA] [Security] Implement a possibility to configure individual JEA roles in Windows Admin Center

We need custom role support for adding custom defined JEA roles in Windows Admin Center!

211 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. why is admin center download in the eval section??????

Why is Admin Center now an eval download??? This should be a direct download, you should want the community to download it and use it!! I just got done presenting to one of my hosting channels and told people to download it and start using it, only to find out you moved it to a server eval page requiring info that leads to a future sales calls. How is this a good decision!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Performance Monitor WAC

I like the performance counter in WAC. But I will still use Grafana for these reasons:
    I would like to choose the display unit: change bytes/sec in Gbyte/s for example
    Change the decimal (no decimal for example for reads/sec or write/sec counter)
    On the reports, have thresholds with different colors

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Save Performance Monitor captures in WAC

I stopped by the Windows Admin Center booth at Ignite and discovered the new Performance Monitor in WAC is not capable of capturing performance data to a file. If there is a need to capture data over time then you need to revert back to the "old" Performance Monitor. It would be nice to have this capability added to the new Performance Monitor in WAC. Hopefully this is already on the road map but if not hopefully it will find its way there.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Improve connection search to find words across multiple tags

We are planning on using Shared Connections to automatically create connections all servers across the company (around 2000) for all Admins, and use individual, standardised tags on each connection to identify OS, AD Domain, AD Site, Business Service, etc. If we search for a single word within the tags, all connections that have tags that match the searched word will be displayed. If, however, we enter two separate words that should be found across separate tags, the connection list will not display any connections.

Improving the connection search to find any word in any tag (or attribute) across the connection…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Windows Admin Center CSV Capacity

Currently, when adding a regular Failover Cluster - you are not able to see the used capacity column unless you click on each CSV. It would be great to have used and total capacity columns for CSVs.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Vpn

RRAS admin for Always on VPN management. This should be easy to implement but a great value for customers running rras/vpn. Might also support directaccess.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. [Gateway] Save user setting in the service instead of the browser

Settings for Dark Mode, Console Settings, & other various settings should be saved for each user to the WCFS CSV for clustered setups. This way a user can have the same experience regardless of browser or computer used. Currently these settings are saved to local browser and it is a pain for users to resetup their configurations when switching browsers

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be nice if File Storage Migration tool would ACTUALLY WORK!!!

The File Storage Migration tool sounds like an amazingly wonderful tool -- but the reality is that it WILL NOT WORK!!!

I can't get it to do anything in any browser I've tried except to generate the following error, and keep spinning and spinning and spinning....... ad nauseam!
    ======
    Notification details
    Error
    RemoteException: The type 'System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal' is not supported for serialization or deserialization of a dictionary. Keys must be strings.

5:16:09 AM
    Source
    Go to Storage Migration Service.
    Type
    Error

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. [Issue] Inverted Graphs in Edge after switching tabs

When you are in the overview on a system and you switch tabs in the new Edge Dev browser to any other tab then go back to Windows Admin Center all of the graphs are inverted. This occurs for any image including RDP windows.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Erweiterung konnte nicht aktualisiert werden Fehler: pl.a.throw is not a function

I get notifications for available updates of extensions of win admin center.
    After selecting the first extension and after clicking button "update", I recieve following error message:

Erweiterung konnte nicht aktualisiert werden: „msft.sme.azure-file-sync“. Fehler: pl.a.throw is not a function

In English approximately:
    Extension could not be updated: „msft.sme.azure-file-sync“. Fehler: pl.a.throw is not a function

Win Admin Center is installed on localhost, a Win 10 machine with latest updates and 1903 update

WinAdminCenter Version
    Erstellen

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Direct Access and VPN role

Well, I like the Admin Center, but I cannot manage the Direct Access and VPN Role on a 2019 Core server. Hope that's planned and will be available soon.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. [Bug] After update from WAC 1809 to 1904.1: access denied to: C:\ProgramData\Server Management Experience\Extensions\extensions.config

Woring WAC 1809 was upgraded to 1904.1 (local/desktop mode).
    All works but when I go to Settings/Extensions error is thrown and no extension is loaded to the list:

"Access denied to: C:\ProgramData\Server Management Experience\Extensions\extensions.config"

It is installed on Win10 1809 Pro PC, domain joined.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base