Management Tools

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [New Scenario] Hosting/Managed Service Provider

Please add a scenario for hosting service providers who are left with a very capability big gap between deprecation of Windows Azure Pack (WAP) and introduction of Azure stack. There are hundreds (if not thousands) of HSPs who want to continue DIY datacenter building using Windows and System Center 2016 but are left without a good control panel/management/self-service portal to provide the services to their tenants.

While partners can develop RPs/Extensions similar to WAP, we do need a base framework to go from. Please enable this scenario.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [Bug] [File] [Issue] All ISO image files are recognized as folders

In my servers, All ISO image files are recognized as folders.
    For that, I can't assign image to VMs.
    I am convinced that this is a bug in Windows Admin Center 1804.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [HCI] [S2D] My Volume has filled up - I need to migrate VM storage to new volume, don't make me use FCM

My HCI S2D volume has filled up as VM disks grew. I am getting a critical alert in Windows Admin Center telling me I need to move files. To move files I need to do a Storage Migration for my VMs on the volume. I can not do this from inside WAC - I need to launch Failover Cluster Manager, pick a VM and do Move: Virtual Machine Storage. I would like to do this from within WAC.

Alert:
    Volume MirrorREFSDisk3
    The volume 'MirrorREFSDisk3' is running low on available storage capacity.
    Details
    The volume 'MirrorREFSDisk3' is running low on available…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. [Credentials] Allow saving credentials, then explicitly stating 'use these credentials'

PH requires re-entering credentials all the time. Some things might require different credentials, allow saving them and require explicit approval to use them. But one needs a way to have people use only the credentials they are allowed to use. Also need a way to set up 'limited-use' credentials and logins such that these logins or credentials use and work with only a subset of servers or a subset of functions, for example, Person X can see and work with all the servers and use the domain admin credential, but Person Y can only see/work with a few servers and…

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. [Bug] Certificate private key not marked exportable after import

When importing a new (wildcard) certificate using WAC, the private key on the certificate is marked as "not exportable" regardless of whether the "mark private key as exportable" box is checked during the import.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. [Connection list] Server Description Column on the "All Connections" page.

A Server "Description" column on the "All Connections" page that is centrally managed within an organization so that an admin could give description text for each server within an organization.

Since descriptions can take up a lot of column space, consider showing an "i" icon for each entry in the column (that has a description). When a user clicks on an icon next to that server, they will see the server's description in a SharePoint style callout popup or slide-out.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. [Multi-Machine] [Devices] Firmware/driver Updates

Firmware/driver Updates
    * Provide the ability to update all firmware/drivers/BIOS on a fleet of servers at once (similar to Dell OME, Dell Command | Update, Lenovo System Update, etc.)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. [Bug] Possibly to enter restart time in the past

I am able to enter a restart time in the past. For example, today I went to schedule some restarts as I started my work day. I checked for updates through admin center, and scheduled the restart time for 1AM without modifying the date. So the restart was scheduled for 1AM today, but it was already past that since it was 8AM. I cannot choose a date in the past, only the time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. [UI] Windows Admin Center Icon does not apper when pinned to taskbar

Add another color besides black to the Windows Admin Center icon because it is hidden when pinned to the taskbar.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. [Security] manage Local Security Policy

Ability to manage Local Security Policy for a server, such as Log On As A Service rights for example. I know that some of it can be done with Group Policies, but for non-domain joined machines or machines that you don't want to create a domain Group Policy it would make it easier to manage. Especially the Server Core machines.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. [Multi machine] [Events] Search eventlogs across multiple servers

The search for eventlogs is great, but I have a situation where I have 4 servers performing the same role (and for reasons made far above my head, we can't log to a database), and I'l like to search all 4 of their eventlogs at once.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. [Mult-Machine] Run script (Automation Tasks)

An Automation task where you can for example run scripts and the servers can be used in bound in blocks or domains (This script for these 5 servers or on the whole domain).

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. [Bug] [S2D] [HCI] Failed to create a new volume, reason : 2147942405

I'm getting following error when trying to create new CSV (3-way mirror) on HCI cluster using WAC:

Failed to create a new volume, reason : 2147942405

not much details about the error on Internet..

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. [Tagging] Allow deleting tags

once tags are added, they cannot be deleted or edited in Windows Admin Center. I'm just able to remove the tag from the machine, but not from the console if I don't need the tag any more or want to edit it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. [Virtual Machines] Add a button to clone a VM

A button to clone a VM in the Virtual Machine Section would be awesome!

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. [Network] LBFO NIC Teaming option

Please add ability to create NIC teaming the same way as in Server Manager

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. [Roles & features] [Post-install task] [AD Promo] After installing AD DS role, Admin Center doesn't prompt for DC Promo

Just installed a new DC, used Admin Center to add the AD DS role and after, it just states successful but doesn't prompt me to do a DC Promo. It should have a notification or link.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. [Updates] Install Option for Downloaded Updates

The Windows Update Area do not show Updates which are downloaded but not installed. It is although not possible to install these Updates. It would be helpfull to show the downloaded not installed Updates. And a Option to install the downloaded updates would be perfect. Seen on managed Server 2012R2 and 2016 with WSUS Updates.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. [UPN] UPN (user@domain.) format should work

Local users and groups management should allow adding user by their UPN logon name - Currently seems to require pre-Windows 2000 DOMAIN\username

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base