• New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. extend volume

When extending an ReFS volume on Server 1803, you are prompted to enter a value between minimum and maximum volume size. It won't accept anything between these numbers.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Cluster Shared [FCM][Virtual Machines] Volume (CSV) usage Dashboard on a Failover Cluster Hyper-V

Cluster Shared Volume (CSV) usage Dashboard on a Failover Cluster Hyper-V
    Display Total Size and Free Size overview all CSV's

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. [Azure] [jit] Add JiT Request Button for Azure VM's

Add the ability to be able to request Just in Time access to a VM that resides in Azure and is restricted by JiT.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. [Virtual Machines] Shielded VM & VM Connect Error - Enable Enhanced Mode for VM's on HGS setup

Enable Enhanced Mode on VM Connect as I cannot connect to my VM's as the all shielded VMs so VM connect does work anymore. I have to physically have to use VPN if remotely working which in some cases defeats the object of WAC as I cannot connect to a VM was I have restarted or it live.

this is as serious issue as you pushing for Host Guardian Infrastructure however your WAC doesn't allow for VM's within that structure to be used once all set up.

All VMs can be connected to via Hyper-V manager as I use enhance…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. [Roles and Features] Unavailable Sources such as .NET Framework 3.5

I wanted to install .NET Framework 3.5 Features. When I clicked on it, it said "Nothing to Install: None of the selected roles and features are available to be installed .... " When I check the Roles & Features it says .NET Framework 3.5 ==> Removed. Does it mean we cannot install 3.5 at all? Kindly clarify

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. [Connection list] Dynamic Connections - not saved

Loving Admin Center thus far. Especially love the integrated PowerShell remoting and RDP, but would love to have the ability to dynamically connect to 1-off systems as needed for support purposes. Having a list of saved connections is convenient for server groups, or small networks, but not ideal for large networks with thousands of systems. Would love the ability to connect dynamically without having to save extra connections. I can imagine this was not the forethought of this product, but would be an ideal tool for day-to-day administration and support for endpoint devices.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. [Bug] Windows Admin Center: Error while setting up Update Management - Keyset does not exist

Attempting to connect an on-prem machine to a new Azure Automation account etc. because the automatically created one used the Per Node billing model in our subscription.Everything looks OK on the Azure side, but WAC reports an error when I click "Set up"

The initial setup when I let WAC create all the resource groups etc. worked correctly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. [Virtual Machines] Real Time Virtual Machine RAM Update e.g. Assigned Memory from Dynamic Assigned

When using virtual machine inventory so see what the virtual machines are running e.g. what RAM is allocated, etc I noticed there is no real time updates so there is no way of actually knowing what the real time RAM allocation of the VM is actually using when dynamic ram is specified

Example:
    I have one VM in particular that has allocated 2GB of RAM as MAX and 1GB as MIN and start-up is 1GB.

It show 1GB as allocated RAM which is both true and false as the max allocated is 2GB in the assigned memory VM settings of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. [Overview] Add full build # on Overview tab

On the overview tab, it shows the Build #. However, it doesn't show the full build #, including the LCU. Please add that.
    For example, instead of 10.0.14393.0 make it 10.0.14393.2555
    Thank you!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. [MSI] [Security] [Certificate] Browse for installed certificate

Hi,
    During "Windows Admin Center" installation, the admin allow to choose to generate a new self-certificate or using existing certificate.
    The Admin should be allowed to review all the current/existing digital certificate directly via the GUI. Using Digital Certificate Thumbprint isn’t the correct/easy way from my point of view.
    -Allow the Admin to replace digital certificate by power shell and UI.
    Thanx

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. [ODBC] ODBC data connections

ODBC data connections

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. [Storage] "Do not assign a drive letter"

In Storage|Create Volume there is no option to use mount-point or to skip assigning a drive letter.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. [LAPS] [Gatetway] WAC should be able to use LAPS when installed on a gateway server.

WAC should be able to use LAPS when WAC is installed on a gateway. Currently LAPS is only and option if you have it installed on a workstation. This creates a large barrier for adoption for us.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. [Bug] Cannot remove server that starts with '#'

Exported a list of servers from AD using powershell and forgot to add the -NoTypeInformation flag. After importing this list, the " #type selected.microsoft...." server can be removed but it comes back with page refresh.

Added another server called #Testing and this also is unremovable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. [Overview] [Logged in users] Provide additional details and actions

Forked from completed item: https://windowsserver.uservoice.com/forums/295071/suggestions/31801321

Additional functionality such as:
    Link from logged on users information in Server overview to tool (similar to Task Manager - tab Users) that lists the following:
    user name
    workgroup/domain name
    duration of RDP login
    Login Type (Interactive vs Network Interactive-RDP)
    RDP connection state (Disconnected, Active, Idle)

Including the functionality to take actions (Disconnect, Reconnect, Logoff) on users in the list

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. [Tags] Allow editing of Tag names

Need to be able to edit the actual tag name. If the name has a Typo in it, currently all I can do is create a new tag with the correct name. Once that is done, I would have to change all the server using that tag to the correct tag. Also since the incorrect tag cannot be deleted, this can create confusion over which one to use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. [MFA] [DUO] Support server with DUO MFA.

Windows Admin Center Remote Desktop does not work if server has DUO MFA.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. [Storage] Storage section doesn't rescan drive

We need the ability to rescan drives through the GUI.
    Scenario: I add 5 GB to a drive in the hypervisor management. I go to extend a particular volume in WAC for that particular server. I can't do that because it doesn't recognize the additional space.

I would run "rescan" in diskpart to force the system to recognize the space.

The refresh buttons on the page do not execute a rescan on the system, so the unallocated space does not change. I had to PowrShell into the box, run rescan, and then refresh the WAC page would show the increased…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. [Windows 10S] Windows 10 in S mode should have support

Windows 10 in S mode should have support for Windows Admin Center. Versions 1803+ have Enterprise/Pro in S mode and would be great to have this tool. RSAT is already available as an Optional feature, would be nice to see WAC as a FoD or in the Store.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base