Management Tools

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Services] Update ID/password in services

When reviewing the services, especially under SQL-related Services, it would be helpful to be able to update the ID and password.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [storage] update-hoststoragecache

On the storage page, the Disks page should include an option that triggers an Update-HostStorageCache on the on the machine being managed. Simply clicking the refresh circular arrow never does this.

This is important if Honolulu is being used along side the vSphere management tools to enlarge disks. Without the Update-HostStorageCache, you can never see the new space, and thus can't resize the volume for your customer.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [AD] DCdiag

DCdiag, AD Replication Tool, and other DC troubleshooting tools would be welcome in the AD extension module.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. [Files] File Viewer / Editor

It would be great to have a web based file viewer and editor in the File Browser integrated to view and update logs and scripts insight the Browser.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. [Files] - Visual representation of Free Space

Using traditional RDP & Explorer you get a visual representation of the free space of a drive which is something I have grown very fond of. Currently you need to compare the free space with the total space to get a rough gauge in your head what percentage is actually free. I would suggest either removing the free space column and replacing it with a graph similar to what we see in explorer now, or at the very minimum add a (%) value for each free space entry so we can easily see oh its only 1% or 15% or…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. [Cluster] [FCM] More disk info in Failover Cluster Management

In Failover Cluster Manager, the Disks panel shows the disk name but not the mount point and the Virtual Machines panel shows the VHD's path, but not the Cluster Disk name. It's not possible to cross information. It would be very useful to have the mount point on the Disks panel and the Cluster Disks names of the VM resources.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. [Virtual Machines] Add virtual NIC statistics to Overview screen

When looking at a hyper-v host, allow virtual NICs that aren't enabled for the management interface to show statistics.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. [UI] right click

Right click should be possible in 2017. :) Same for O365 Admin. Look at OneDrive!

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. [NEW Tool] Graphana Like Performance Dashboard for user Defined Performance Counters

I would wish to have a Graphana Like Performance Dashboard for user Defined Performance Counters. So I could monitor the real-time performance of the remote systems with all the counters I need. Since today it is very hard to do a performance overview about different systems.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. [RBAC] Self-Service-User/Groups

Users can create, deploy, and manage (turn off/on) their own virtual machines and services by using web interface in a cluster environment. Something like APP Controller or Azure Pack

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. [Event Viewer] Event viewer custom XML filter

Event viewer should have the possibility to filter on custom XML queries like the regular event viewer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. [Updates] Windows updates should not show hidden updates

A Windows update that was hidden using the WU interface on the server still shows up in the list of available updates in Honolulu. These should be hidden there, too.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. [Deployment] [Security] [Certificate] Add a Let's Encrypt option or/and support for X-Forwarded

Support of Let's Encrypt instead of bad Self Signed cert, or have the option to support X-Forwarded option.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. [Installation] Domain Controller

I do not see a reason why installing is not possible on a domain controller. I have a single Windows Server 2016 running that has the essentials role enabled and it would be nice to manage this one through the new web interface.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. [Remote Desktop] On Remote desktop replace "Disconnect" with "Sign Out"

I saw that in Remote desktop connection I have options for press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and Disconnect. I am sure, that a lot of administrators are always using Disconnect for end their sessions and I am also sure, that would be better to use Sign Out. For this reason I propose to replace Disconnect with Sign Out. Is more secure and better for all administrators.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. [Firewall] Improvements on the Firewall module

In the settings of a rule:
    1. I'd like to be able to change the local/remote IP addresses
    2. I'd like to be able to change the service

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. [Bug] [WU] RemoteException: The task XML contains a value which is incorrectly formatted or out of range. .

Getting the following error when opening the updates link for a Windows 2012 R2 server. The page then spins but does not load anything. RemoteException: The task XML contains a value which is incorrectly formatted or out of range. .

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. [RDS] Don't forget about RDS managment

You should of course implement all MMC consoles in Honolulu but please don't forget RDS management.

I hope in few years this will be better than IDEAL Administration software.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. [Updates] Allow removal of Windows updates

In the Windows Update section on the installed updates list allow to uninstall an existing update

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base