1. [NEW Tool] Resource Monitor

From Private Preview user feedback.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [ANA] azure registration access denied

Allow blank password for user certificate when provisioning azure network adapter

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [RBAC] Role based access to groups of servers in Honolulu

Allow for different users to see different lists of servers based on AD or AAD group membership

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. [Cluster] [CSV] Full CSV management cycle in one place

Now, you can's initialize new disk for cluster using FCM. You must use either MMC, or RSAT Server Manager (SM) or PoSh.
    You can't add initialized disk to cluster-available using MMC.
    You can't create volume on cluster-storage using FCM.
    You can't re-format available disk using FCM.
    You can't remove volume using FCM.
    You can choose all dedup options only using PoSh.
    You can do CSV-repair only using PoSh.

You can't do almost anything using Honolulu 1802. Please, add full management. Please, do it before adding S2D back to next semi-annual Server Core release.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. [Authentication] Restrict to Kerberos only

Provide ability to use only Kerberos authentication for manage servers. We had all our admin accounts in Protected users and MMC consoles working fine, but WAC seems to be used only NTLM that less securely.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. [Settings] Ability to change the setting items at the time of installation from the UI

I do not know how to change the setting at installation after installation.
    I would like to add functions such as port change and HTTP redirect to the setting menu.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. [Cluster] Windows Admin Center - Manage scale-out file server

Add support for managing SOFS cluster inside Windows Admin Center, with ability to create new shares, managing storage pools, monitoring storage usage, alerts, cpu and memory performance.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. [Bug] [Cluster] Errors when one node of Failover Cluster is Down

When one of FailoverCluster nodes offline for a long time (planned or not), on Virtual Machines tab of Failover Cluster shown no information about VMs (only some Events).

Also error shown: RemoteExcaption: Excaption calling "GetHostEntry" with "1" arguments(s): "No such host is known".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. [NEW Tool] Allow management of ADFS

Allow management of ADFS remotely using Honolulu.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. [Services] Add Log On As column to Services management.

We've had Description and Log On As columns in the windows desktop services applet forever. I oftentimes connect to a remote server and sort by Log On As to find our custom services (They run under a domain user service account)

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. azure backup

If I have Azure Subscription without permissions (Office 365 Azure Active Directory subscription) in my tenant, when I configure a Azure Backup it dosn't load resources. Thus, I can't configure Azure Backup.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. [Certificates] Create certificate requests

Allow the generation of certificate requests (for Local Machine\My store) from Honolulu. Cert requests should result in CSR being generated, at a minimum a Base64 encoded string displayed that can be copied to a provider (nice to have, download a .csr file). Then allow upload a .cer (completed certificate request) to complete enrolment. This would make certificate issuance much easier.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. [Credentials] use default domain instead of requiring domain\username

When I want to Manage my Computers and Servers as a different user I need to login with this other user. As the username I need to type in my username in domain/username format.

It should be possible to login with only the username. Please let us use a default domain, maybe with editing files on the Windows Admin Center installation.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. [UPN] UPN (user@domain.) format should work

Local users and groups management should allow adding user by their UPN logon name - Currently seems to require pre-Windows 2000 DOMAIN\username

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. [Storage] Extend virtualdisk

It would be nice to be able to extend virtual hard disks from Honolulu.
    Currently I have to use PowerShell to do it

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. [Gateway Access] Remove BUILTIN\Administrators from WAC Gateway Administrators

I want to differentiate the local administrators of the gateway server and the administrators from the Windows Admin Center. So I want to be able to remove BUILTIN\Administrators from WAC Gateway Administrators.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. [Bug] [Storage] Missing disks mount point

Disks are missing in the storage section. Example is a 2016 Server running Exchange 2016 where 8 additional disks exist mounted on mount points. Only disk 0 with the C: drive shows up in Windows Admin Center

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. [Storage][Bug] - disk(s) not visible

Hi.
    For SQL AO scenario (where Windows Server clustering service is installed to nodes but disks are not managed by cluster service) disks (and volumes) are not anymore visible in storage view (and of course volumes are also missing from files view. Disks were visible ( and managed) until WCS cluster role installation. In WCS disks are excluded from cluster service.
    When Storage refresh is requested in node WMI-Activity log following event is recorded:

Id = {8EDC7ED4-D88A-0001-5FCF-DC8E8AD8D301}; ClientMachine = CLUSTERNODE1; User = DOMAIN\requestinguser; ClientProcessId = 6100; Component = Unknown; Operation = Start IWbemServices::ExecQuery - Root\Microsoft\Windows\Storage : select * from MSFT…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. [NEW Tool] [RDS] Ability to manage Remote desktop services

We would like to the ability to manage remote desktop services as we do from server manager in server 2016

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base