Management Tools

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Connection type] Linux support

With the release of PowerShell 6 not to far away, please provide the ability to connect to anything running PowerShell core. The community can build functionality using the SDK for anything that is required.

This shouldn't be restricted to domain machines, over LDAP or AD, so workgroup machines should also be supported.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [Bug] Possibly to enter restart time in the past

I am able to enter a restart time in the past. For example, today I went to schedule some restarts as I started my work day. I checked for updates through admin center, and scheduled the restart time for 1AM without modifying the date. So the restart was scheduled for 1AM today, but it was already past that since it was 8AM. I cannot choose a date in the past, only the time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [UI] Windows Admin Center Icon does not apper when pinned to taskbar

Add another color besides black to the Windows Admin Center icon because it is hidden when pinned to the taskbar.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. [Virtual Machines] Create a template from an existing VM

I'd like to make a right click on a VM and convert it to template. Then I'd like to be able to manage an unattend.xml file with a user friendly interface to deploy VM from this template.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. [Security] manage Local Security Policy

Ability to manage Local Security Policy for a server, such as Log On As A Service rights for example. I know that some of it can be done with Group Policies, but for non-domain joined machines or machines that you don't want to create a domain Group Policy it would make it easier to manage. Especially the Server Core machines.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. [Network] LBFO NIC Teaming option

Please add ability to create NIC teaming the same way as in Server Manager

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. [Multi machine] [Events] Search eventlogs across multiple servers

The search for eventlogs is great, but I have a situation where I have 4 servers performing the same role (and for reasons made far above my head, we can't log to a database), and I'l like to search all 4 of their eventlogs at once.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. [Mult-Machine] Run script (Automation Tasks)

An Automation task where you can for example run scripts and the servers can be used in bound in blocks or domains (This script for these 5 servers or on the whole domain).

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. [Bug] [S2D] [HCI] Failed to create a new volume, reason : 2147942405

I'm getting following error when trying to create new CSV (3-way mirror) on HCI cluster using WAC:

Failed to create a new volume, reason : 2147942405

not much details about the error on Internet..

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. [UI] % For memory usage? Why!!!!

It looks nice yes, but I also want xgb used of xgb. Why make me work this out?? For instance, on VM host, 4 machines running on it, 72.4% of 32gb. How does that let me know what RAM I have free to use? I have to then do a manual step? I of course have a spreadsheet with what I have assigned the machines, but surely the Admin Centre should be looking to replace these old tools?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. [Overview] Historical performance data for dashboard statistics

Make historical performance data available for CPU,RAM, ... (e.g. those shown on the dashboard) for 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, ...
    Just like it is done in the converged infrastructure module.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. [Files] Drive Free space and Total Directory size

Estimate directory size in Files tool. The column is already present but istead of "-" the progress and then estimation of directory total disk space used by that directory. I know its a huge work but it will be extremly useful. Calculation can be requested by the user clicking on a function that start the job. Also very important is to have a quick overview of total/free disk space when listing for system drives in the 'This PC' section.
    Thanks!

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. [New Tool] [Backup] Add Windows Server Backup to Tools under Server Manager

Would be helpful to add the Windows Server Backup under Tools for Server Manager to help aide the process of checking backup statuses and possibly add the functionality to configure/start the backup process.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. [NEW Tool] [Print Server] Support for Print Server management

• Allow installation/creation of printer (queues)

• Allow installation and management of printer drivers

• Allow management of printers

• Print Queue - Job mgmt (remove/restart)

• Basic properties (Location, Comment, ...)

• Some advenced properties (Branch Office Direct Printing, AD listing,...)

• Print queue ACLs/security

• Printer port management

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. [Server Overview] Temperature display

Display and maybe graph the different temperature sensors available.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. [Connection list] [Gateway Management] Server list does not persist with a username change

Following a Honolulu AD username change, the list of saved servers is gone and I cant see a way to re-link the username to the existing list of servers and computers.

Is there a config file or local DB that can be modified to suit this situation. We have modified our UPN's due to a pending Office365 migration so this could be a common case.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. [DCOM] set DCOM permissions

Would like an interface to set DCOM permissions for Windows Core servers. Finding the correct registry key to edit and writing SSDL syntax for are too cumbersome

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. [Extensibility] Make Admin Center run in a MS Teams Channel

We use Teams to surface admin consoles and other web based ICT management tools. It'd be valuable making this kind of information context aware to avoid distraction and promote focus and ease of access.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. [Extensibility] Run Microsoft Flow when something happened by Windows Admin Center

I want to run Microsoft Flow when something happened by Windows Admin Center.

My scenario:
    - When a storage attached, run our flow.
    - When a server shutdown, run our flow.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. [Show Script] Open Source Powershell Scripts that drive the Windows Admin Center

Basically, if these scripts are going to be exposed in the Windows Admin center interface, then these need to be open sources on github so that the community can report bugs in the scripts and also suggest fixes and improvements.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base