• New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [Gateway] Save user setting in the service instead of the browser

Settings for Dark Mode, Console Settings, & other various settings should be saved for each user to the WCFS CSV for clustered setups. This way a user can have the same experience regardless of browser or computer used. Currently these settings are saved to local browser and it is a pain for users to resetup their configurations when switching browsers

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. [RBAC] [JEA] [Security] Implement a possibility to configure individual JEA roles in Windows Admin Center

We need custom role support for adding custom defined JEA roles in Windows Admin Center!

214 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Better counter instance selection experience

When looking at a graph with many counter instances, it's helpful to select an instance and highlight it in the graph. However, deselecting it or going back to all instances being "highlighted" is difficult. In a live view, the selected instance moves around the instance legend making it difficult to deselect.

I think the selected instance(s) should be pinned at the top/beginning of the instance legend being sorted by name or value. If the selected instance is deselected it should go back to being sorted the same was as the other deselected instances.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bug when adding server without credentials

When adding a Windows server and credentials are required I click Add
    Server gets added
    I select the new server and click "Manage as"
    The username and password fields are not editable
    Found in build 1.2.1910.31005

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. [bug] windows admin center -- Shared connections become Personal

We've seen this with two instances: servers added as "shared connections" will spontaneously turn into personal connections, thus removing them from the view of any other users. Tags are also lost when this occurs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Unable to Authenticate due to Case Change

Upon logging into the Windows Admin Center interface to manage servers I note the domain and the user case have changed. When attempting to click on a managed server I am prompted to authenticate with different credentials. I modify the credentials to use the correct font case and I am able to login and manage the servers. I have created screenshots and have attached them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Unable to Authenticate due to Case Change

Upon logging into the Windows Admin Center interface to manage servers I note the domain and the user case have changed. When attempting to click on a managed server I am prompted to authenticate with different credentials. I modify the credentials to use the correct font case and I am able to login and manage the servers. I have created screenshots and have attached them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. why is admin center download in the eval section??????

Why is Admin Center now an eval download??? This should be a direct download, you should want the community to download it and use it!! I just got done presenting to one of my hosting channels and told people to download it and start using it, only to find out you moved it to a server eval page requiring info that leads to a future sales calls. How is this a good decision!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Storage Migration Service and netBIOS computer name

We came accross this lovely gotcha when attempting to migrate a Server 2008R2 fileserver using the Storage Migration Service.

TLDR: if your server name is longer then 15 characters, use the netBIOS name in Storage Migration Service!

It's amazing how sometimes in the simplest things that trip you up.

It appears the Storage Migration Service uses the netBIOS computer name and not the computer name or FQDN.

When we had tested a Enter-PSSession to the FQDN of the server (which is longer than 15 characters), we got a successful connection, but the service would fail. When we did a Enter-PSSession…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add a column for total VM disk throughput - Virtual machine view

Hi

we would like to see a column for total VM disk throughput - Virtual machine view, so that you can identify vm's hogging the disk.

and also get alert for it in the alerts view like you do with memory usages etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sysinternals

Would it be possible to add the Sysinternals suite to Windows Admin Center. Whenever I need to troubleshoot a system, it's the first tool set I reach for.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. IIS extension certificate request

In the IIS extension under Certificates provide option to create a certificate request in IIS and install the certificate once provided

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Give the ability to view and edit pagefile and startup and recovery options

It would be really convenient to have this ability instead of tweaking registry.

Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Total frustration with the Eval 2019 and Storage Migration. Lost 2 day trying to find out what I was doing wrong.

Let everyone know up front of the inabilities of the the Eval and the Storage Migration Service. I lost hours; days trying to find out what I was doing wrong. Why can't the Eval download be updated to fix this enormous oversight.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Windows Admin Center CSV Capacity

Currently, when adding a regular Failover Cluster - you are not able to see the used capacity column unless you click on each CSV. It would be great to have used and total capacity columns for CSVs.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow resizing width of performance monitor counters

The performance monitor is a great addition to the WAC, however it's annoying that you can only add counters as a "row".

It would be great to be able to put at least some counters side by side, so that you could, for example, see all processor cores at a glance - at the moment, you'd need to scroll a long way to see the performance of all 64 cores..!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. [Storage]

存储管理目前还不支持共享存储(iscsi),共享文件属性窗口一直在转圈,无法显示内容。估计关闭会话和打开的文件功能也没有。像域账号和文件共享,这是最基本的管理啊,还要加强。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Deploy behind reverse proxy

It will be nice to fix links to relative URL manner and make it possible to run Admin Center behind reverse proxy. At least, it will prevent opening "strange" ports on "edge" servers as well as saving additional certificates, not to mention simplicity of acces such as https://mycompany.com/admincenter/. I've tried to do that, (behind IIS) but there are hudnreds of issues and finally gage up. Hope it will be fixed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It would be nice if File Storage Migration tool would ACTUALLY WORK!!!

The File Storage Migration tool sounds like an amazingly wonderful tool -- but the reality is that it WILL NOT WORK!!!

I can't get it to do anything in any browser I've tried except to generate the following error, and keep spinning and spinning and spinning....... ad nauseam!

Notification details
    Error
    RemoteException: The type 'System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal' is not supported for serialization or deserialization of a dictionary. Keys must be strings.

5:16:09 AM
    Source
    Go to Storage Migration Service.
    Type
    Error

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base