Management Tools

• Vote for an existing idea (14)
  • or
  1. [Bug] [S2D] [HCI] Failed to create a new volume, reason : 2147942405

I'm getting following error when trying to create new CSV (3-way mirror) on HCI cluster using WAC:

Failed to create a new volume, reason : 2147942405

not much details about the error on Internet..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [HCI] Ability to expand MAP volumes in Storage Spaces Direct in Windows Admin Center

Ability to expand MAP (Mirror Accelerated Parity) volumes in an HCI cluster in Windows Admin Center. There is a mirror and parity volume associated with each disk volume with the current ratio (or can tweak it) when expanding.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. [HCI] [S2D] My Volume has filled up - I need to migrate VM storage to new volume, don't make me use FCM

My HCI S2D volume has filled up as VM disks grew. I am getting a critical alert in Windows Admin Center telling me I need to move files. To move files I need to do a Storage Migration for my VMs on the volume. I can not do this from inside WAC - I need to launch Failover Cluster Manager, pick a VM and do Move: Virtual Machine Storage. I would like to do this from within WAC.

Alert:
    Volume MirrorREFSDisk3
    The volume 'MirrorREFSDisk3' is running low on available storage capacity.
    Details
    The volume 'MirrorREFSDisk3' is running low on available…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. WAC1812 - Diagnostics Error: Cannot convert null to type "System.DateTime".

Error when launch Diagnostics under HCI.

Timezone: GMT+8
    Region set on hyperv/s2d & wac is : English (malaysia)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. [BUG] Can't verify whether "cluster_name" is online

trying to add my HCI cluster to windows admin center and get "Can't verify whether "my_cluster_name" is online" error message

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. [Bug] RDMA counter not working

rdma counter not working on 1809.5, we have 2node HCI cluster, direct connected with DAC cables and iwarp RDMA, but rdma counter in server view does not show any traffic. We have Cavium chipset NIC's

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. [HCI] [S2D] View S2D Cache Performance

It could be interresting to have cache statistique in performance view.
    For example
    % of read in cache
    % of direct read/write
    Volume of read and write data in cahce ...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. [Bug] RDMA data only updates when counters are sampled externally

On a Azure Stack HCI cluster, the RDMA graphs for each server show no activity. If we query the RDMA Activity counters externally (e.g. with perfmon) they start working, but only as long as that external process runs.

This is on Dell R640 Ready Nodes with QLogic FastLinQ QL41262-DE 25GbE NICs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. [BUG] Cluster Network Adapter Missing

In Windows Admin Center for HCI, whenever I reboot a cluster node, the remaining nodes will report a warning that says "The server 'servername' has missing network adapter(s) connected to cluster network 'Cluster Network 1'."

This warning will clear node by node during a reboot. But once I reboot again, the warning will come back until another complete cluster reboot.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. [HCI] Don't round IOPS counters to nearest integer; display 1-2 decimals points

When you're dealing with "IOPS in the Millions", rounding up to an integer really skews performance views.

Example - hitting 1.6 million IOPS rounds to 2M IOPS in WAC. That 400,000 IOP rounding error is HUGE. If you at least do 1 or 2 decimal points, the problem fixes itself :)

Screenshot demonstrating this: https://i.imgur.com/P67Y2SU.png

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. [Virtual Machines] IOPs as a column for individual VMs on Virtual Machine Inventory Page

On HCI management I can see the IOPs of an individual volume, but I can't tell what VM is generating the workload. It would be helpful to be able to see the IOPs that an individual VM is consuming on the VM Inventory page along with the CPU and memory columns that already exist. The data is shown if you click on an individual VM under the performance area, but that is not really practical to use if you don't know what VM is causing the issue.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. [HCI] Please extend support for Hyper-Converged Cluster Management in Project Honolulu to Windows Server 2016 RTM

Actually the Hyper-Converged Cluster Management actually can only manage Windows Servers based on actual Windows Server technical preview please can you extend the Hyper-Converged Cluster Management capability to S2D Configurations based on Windows Server 2016 RTM.

232 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base