Management Tools

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
  • or
  1. [Certificates] Create certificate requests

Allow the generation of certificate requests (for Local Machine\My store) from Honolulu. Cert requests should result in CSR being generated, at a minimum a Base64 encoded string displayed that can be copied to a provider (nice to have, download a .csr file). Then allow upload a .cer (completed certificate request) to complete enrolment. This would make certificate issuance much easier.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [Certificates] Manage Private Keys

Please provide the certificates management console <Manage Private Keys> functionality, to be able to view or change the access security settings for the certificate's private keys.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [WinRM] [Configuration] Use WinRM over SSL, port 5986 to connect to remote servers

Use WinRM over SSL, port 5986 to connect to remote servers.
    I have deployed certificates and configured WinRM over SSL on all my servers and was planning to use WAC but it seems it can only connect using HTTP/5985 which is really disappointing.

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. [Server Overview] Windows Admin Center - Configurable overview

Let the overview to be configurable so I can see number of missing updates, warning for expired certificates, disk running full, high cpu/memory usage, Windows defender warnings - the list is long :)

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. [Security] [Certificate] Wildcard certificate

Allow further configuration of SSL certificate used for Windows Admin Center to support use of existing wildcard certificate.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. [Deployment] [Security] [Certificate] Add a Let's Encrypt option or/and support for X-Forwarded

Support of Let's Encrypt instead of bad Self Signed cert, or have the option to support X-Forwarded option.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. [Certificates] Alert/Notify on Expiring

Would like to be alerted on expiring certs, particularly certs of a specific template, like Web Servers for example.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. How do Windows Admin Center change certificate?

After installation, replace the certificate

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. [MSI] [Security] [Certificate] Browse for installed certificate

Hi,
    During "Windows Admin Center" installation, the admin allow to choose to generate a new self-certificate or using existing certificate.
    The Admin should be allowed to review all the current/existing digital certificate directly via the GUI. Using Digital Certificate Thumbprint isn’t the correct/easy way from my point of view.
    -Allow the Admin to replace digital certificate by power shell and UI.
    Thanx

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. [certificates] manage certificate permissions

After importing certs unable to provide permissions (We use windows core 2016) only option is use POWERShell. can't export certificate with Private Key. please fix or provide feature for these two..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. [Multi-Machine] Add ability to pin Certificate Overview for all servers on one page

The certificate overview for alle certificates looks great. However lots of expired certificates are not directly interesting. It would be nice to pin ALL servers to one certificate overview page with only the certificate stores you are interested in. In my case i am only interested in the Computer\Personal store in most cases.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Change SSL certificate after installation

I have just installed the preview and must say I am at first sight totally excited!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. [Bug] msft.sme.certificate-manager failed to load

Issue when I upgraded a working 1.1.1802 to 1803 - GUI comes up fine, but then whatever machine I click on, the Overview page shows

msft.sme.certificate-manager failed to load

[Reload]
    Error description

Error while loading the module: 'msft.sme.certificate-manager'. Rpc: expired retries 'ping'

This is when I click on the entry for the Honolulu server itself, or any other server that worked before. Despite the reference to ping, no apparent network issues. Tried disabling the local firewall, no change. Tried a complete re-install, having removed all traces in \programdata, and a procmon trace shows that there are plenty of entries with…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We see this issue on machines with older versions of Windows 10 (before 1703.)

We’ve added documentation for this specific issue to our troubleshooting guide here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/manage/windows-admin-center/use/troubleshooting

If you are still experiencing this please create a new bug with the details requested in the troubleshooting guide, so that we can further investigate the root cause.

14. Certificates expire every 60 days : that's just terrible !

Default certificates expire after 60 days. This means after 60 days WAC will just not start, and you'll have to uninstall / reinstall / loose your time every 60 days.
    WAC is magic : instead of a reliable tool to manage your server (as MMC was), you'll have to manage your management tool first. That's just terrible.
    I really can't understand how such things can happen. Do software designers really look at the real world, and how people use the tools they design ? I really don't think so. And WAC is the perfect example since the beginning (remember the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. [New Tool] IIS Management

Please provide a management interface for IIS, since you already have the functionality using the code from manage.iis.net and its REST API counterpart

226 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. IIS extension certificate request

In the IIS extension under Certificates provide option to create a certificate request in IIS and install the certificate once provided

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. [Certificates] Be able to open a certificate to see the details

In server manager, for a server you can get a list of certificates, but there is limited detail of the basic contents of the certificate. You can't see all the details, nor see the position in the certificate chain.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. [New Tool] Manage a Certificate Authority

Managing a Certificate Authority needs to be added.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base