Management Tools

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
  • or
  1. [New tool] [DHCP] DHCP Server should be manageable via Honolulu

Honolulu should be able to manage the DHCP server role (create IP address pools, configure DHCP options...)

284 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [UI] Add Management Tools Based on Installed Roles

Add Management tools for Installed Roles/Features of Managed Servers in Project Honolulu. (e.g. Active Directory Users and Computers if Managing a Domain Controller)

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. DHCP lease list should show client name

The DHCP lease list doesn't show the client name. This makes it very difficult to reconcile which clients have which addresses. The description field is commonly blank so it's a waste of time having this.

It's a pity that you can't choose which columns to display.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Suggest: Provide a clear error message rather just said ERROR

Ex: I am creating reservation IP and the IP was created but I have create double same IP but the message just shown ERROR without any clear info of that error.

Why not shows it is duplicate IP?

Here the error while I am create duplicate reserve IP:

Error
    Create a new DHCP scope address reservation

3:17:04 PM
    Source
    Go to DHCP.
    Type
    Error

DHCP scope address reservation creation failed. Error RemoteException: Failed to reserve IP address 10.1.3.169 for ClientID/ClientDUID xx-26-ab-xx-xx-89 in scope 10.1.0.0 on DHCP server ***..

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. [UI] Do not show the tools if it does not apply to the particular server.

Do not show the tools if it does not apply to the particular server.

When a Domain Controller is not hyper-v host, I do not want to see tools like Virtual Machines and Virtual Switches.

I would only like to see the tools that apply to the server, tools that belong to the installed roles and features. On a Domain Controller managment tools such as ADDS, DNS DHCP and a file server DFS and File and Resource management.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support non-Microsoft DNS and/or DHCP

I know this is a bit of a stretch but being able to support some other DNS/DHCP solutions would be amazing. Perhaps this would be more of an avenue for an IPAM solution to add an extension.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. WAC should

WAC should be able to manage Server Roles and features. Like DNS, DHCP etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Cluster creation extension requires static IPs on trunk NICs

When creating a hyperconverged cluster, I should not have to enter IPs on the NICs that I intend to use for the virtual switch. Allowing for a DHCP option everywhere an IP might be entered would solve this problem.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Cloning VM in Windows Admin Center will not give unique MAC Address to VMs vNIC

Cloning VM in Windows Admin Center will not give unique MAC Address to VMs vNIC. This makes it so if you clone it your VM(s) will have a bad time when trying to get a DHCP address. :-)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. FEATURE REQUEST - WAC 2012 preview - Network - IPv4 DNS

Affected build: Windows Admin Center 2012 Preview Build 1.3.2012.11003
    Plugin name: Networks
    plugin version: 1.95.0
    severity:
    reproducible: x out of 5
    easy to fix: -

https://.../servermanager/connections/server/.../tools/network/name/Ethernet/settings/form/ipv4

allow configuration of (equivalent to the GUI)

• more than 2 DNS servers / DNS order (hashtable)

• allow to configure DNS suffixes

• allow to configure a fixed IP without specifying DNS (or DNS via DHCP) - usecase cluster networks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. [Feature] More Option in WAC for Hyper-V settings and VM Disk

There are missing some options in Hyper-V role like

• no option to enable SR-IOV on network card, DHCP Protection etc.

• no option to set fixed size VHDX when creating VM

For me its crucial not because i cant use powershell but because not only i menage server and not everyone know powershell like me.
    Of course you can use RSAT but it wont work if you force WinRM over SSL so i thin is very important to add this to WAC

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base