Management Tools

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
  • or
  1. [Network] Network settings

Please provide the full functionality of the graphical user interface

Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections

including

Advanced Settings

Binding order and Provider order

and

<Connection Name>

Properties

and the ability to enable or disable items like

Client for Microsoft Networks
    File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks
    Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)

and so on.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [Network] Edit advanced settings in network

So far, only IP address is exposed there, more settings would be very welcome.
    Including - but not limited to - Network Location, DNS Suffix, etc.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. [Network] LBFO NIC Teaming option

Please add ability to create NIC teaming the same way as in Server Manager

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. [Network] [New Functionality] Network Monitor

Add Network Monitoring capabilities within Windows Admin center that would display:
    - per process breakdown of network send/receive activity w/ PID
    - active TCP connections with local & remote port
    - remote connection address/resolve to dns
    This would be incredibly useful on server core installations where resource monitor is not available.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. [Network] Ethernet rename

I would like to have the ability to rename an Ethernet adapter just like i can in the GUI. For example, say i have a box with 2 ethernet adapters installed. One has Internet only access and the other has Intranet only access. I would like to change the names to be more specific such as Public and Private, etc ..

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. [Network] network status switch

Add the network adapter status switch, please. Enabled/Disabled.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. [Network] Network edit description of a Adapter

Please make the descripition of an Network-Adapater editable. :)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. [Bug] invalid uri when adding sdn network controller

When i add my hyperconverged cluster (2016) and try to add my network controller i get the message Invalid URI while validating. I have tried with latest GA of WAC on 2016 and on 2019. In chrome and firefox. I get some eventlogs like:

sessionId : 79661312-5bce-4001-9f1b-5fb28afd49c0
    eventId : Trace
    level : Error
    sourceName : msft.sme.software-defined-data-center
    source : Batch PowerShell
    timestamp : 1538164471078
    message : RemoteException: Terminating error was thrown while executing 'C:\windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\NetworkController\Microsoft.NetworkController.Powershell.dll' operation on the server side endpoint 'https://my.ncservice.uri/networking/v1/servers/'..
    stack :
    moreEventData :

Using wireshark i cannot even see an attemt of contacting my nc

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. [Computer Management] Network in Computer Management

Please add Network to Computer Management node.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. [New tool] Network Policy Server (NPS)

Please enable or develop functionality for administration of Network Policy Server (NPS) using WAC

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. [Network] [Bug] Refresh NIC names

The Refresh button doesn't grab new names for renamed network adapters. It would be great if we could rename a NIC and have the new name show up.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. [Virtual Machines] Add support for managing VM's over PowerShell Direct

Please looking into managing VM's over PowerShell Direct, therefore removing the requirement for the network to functional in the guest.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. [BUG] Cluster Network Adapter Missing

In Windows Admin Center for HCI, whenever I reboot a cluster node, the remaining nodes will report a warning that says "The server 'servername' has missing network adapter(s) connected to cluster network 'Cluster Network 1'."

This warning will clear node by node during a reboot. But once I reboot again, the warning will come back until another complete cluster reboot.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. [Bug] Error when listing network adapters in virtual switch view if an adapter is disabled

Hyper-V Host, running Windows Admin Center locally:

I disable a physical network adapter on my Hyper-V host
    I then go to "Virtual Switches", select mit SET enabled Switch, click on "Settings"

I get the following error:
    Couldn't load the network adapters of the host. Error: RemoteException: Es wurden keine MSFT_NetIPInterface-Objekte gefunden, bei denen die InterfaceIndex-Eigenschaft gleich "7" ist. Überprüfen Sie den Wert der Eigenschaft, und versuchen Sie es erneut.

Workaround: enable all physical adapters on the host, then all network adapters will be listed

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. [Chrome Browser] Admin Center Security issue: clicking "Sign in" when prompted allows login without entering input

While using Google Chrome 69.0.3497.100. Clicking “Sign in” on the login prompt without entering anything allows anyone log into the Admin Center as “NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON”

Admin Center is installed on Server 2016 in the same domain as the client computer accessing it.

Can this security hole please be fixed?

Edge does not have this issue.

I verified that these settings are set correctly to prevent anonymous logins on the server:
    Network access: Allow anonymous SID/Name translation
    Network access: Do not allow anonymous enumeration of SAM accounts
    Network access: Do not allow anonymous enumeration of SAM accounts and shares
    Network…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. [Virtual Switches] Allow Add, Edit, Remove of Management OS vNICs

Drop the "Share" terminology.
    Allow management OS vNICs to be managed properly: name and VLAN. Extra bonus for linking to the related object's page under Network.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. FEATURE REQUEST - WAC 2012 preview - Network - NetAdapter-AdvancedProperties

Affected build: Windows Admin Center 2012 Preview Build 1.3.2012.11003
    Plugin name: Networks
    plugin version: 1.95.0
    severity: -
    reproducible: x out of 5
    easy to fix: -

please implement a tab on Network > Adapter > Settings
    showing and configuring the following:

NetAdapter-AdvancedProperties

Reason: unlike GUI servers where one can check the settings like RSS, RSC, Offloading Features, NUMA etc in Server Core it is not very handy.

Please also include a brief overview of some features being enabled (or configuration issues) like

• RDMA (iwarp / RoCE)

• RSS

• RSC

• SR/IOV
      etc.

It can be crucial to have a good overview on…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. [Multi-Machine] Please create consolidated view on the servers in Honolulu console

Actually its possible to add different servers to Honolulu console to manage them individually. It would be great to have a consolidated view over all these managed servers regarding warnings, alerts, performance and capacity data with a drill down option into the affected server object.

411 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. [Deployment] [Multiple gateways] Central Administration Hub - Allow Honolulu to connect to servers through another Honolulu Gateway

For networks using NAT, allow adding a new server connection in Honolulu behind another Honolulu gateway.
    On this page (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/manage/honolulu/honolulu#deployment-options), it would be a combination of the second and third illustrations of deployment options. One gateway would be on an isolated network and the other gateway, on a more accessible network, would be able to tunnel through the first gateway to get to the other servers.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base