Management Tools

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
  • or
  1. 36 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. McAfee Adaptive Threat Protection Would Block

McAfee detect the wsmprovhost.exe as a malware when monitor computers for processes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. [Computer Management] Windows Updates in Computer Management

Please add Windows Update to Computer Management Node

166 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

91 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 261 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  37 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. [New Tool] [Backup] Add Windows Server Backup to Tools under Server Manager

Would be helpful to add the Windows Server Backup under Tools for Server Manager to help aide the process of checking backup statuses and possibly add the functionality to configure/start the backup process.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Windows Admin Center Extensions cannot be installed using standard user Windows Session

Windows Admin Center installed on Windows 10 1909. Logged in with an account in Windows with standard user permissions. Right-click and run-as on Windows Admin Center and enter admin credentials. There is no process spawned running my admin credentials.

Launching Edge or Chromium Edge or Windows Admin Center with standard user credentials will launch the page just fine, but I receive an error trying to install any extensions for the Windows Admin Center with error message "Couldn't install the extension: 'Active Directory (Preview)'. Error: Access denied. Unable to perform requested operation. Administrative privilege is required."

The old version of Edge…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. [PowerShell] Maintain Powershell Credentials when selecting other tools in the same session

Maintain Powershell Credentials when selecting other tools in the same session. Currently if you are in a powershell session with a remote windows 10 machine, and you select another tool and then re-select powershell, your command history as well as your credentials are lost and need to be re-entered. This should persist through selecting other tools or you should implement a tabbed/blade UI similar to alt-tab environment on windows.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. [Bug] [Workgroup] I'm seeing this message: "CPU performance class not found on this machine" and next Notifications

I'm seeing this message: "CPU performance class not found on this machine" and "Memory performance class not found on this machine" and "Disk performance class not found on this machine" and "RemoteException: Invalid query".

I use PC Windows 10 not in a domain but in a workgroup. I can connect all computers, but some of these errors will appear.
    If these errors are, neither Processes can be displayed.

I tried to find out what was causing it.

I've found that the problem is causing the .NET Framework 3.5. If it is installed on a remote computer.
    If the .NET Framework…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. [UI] [Global] [kiosk] Add Pop-out Window Option

It would be great to have edge spawn new kiosk-like processes (no address bar, no menus, no tabs) for individual components. For example:
    * Monitoring Window for Overview, to be placed full-screen on a monitoring display
    * Pop-out RDP window for more real-estate and to allow us to RDP while browsing other pages/devices.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. [LocalAccounts Module] Unable to install

When trying to install Windows Admin Center 1809, the install process fails with the following error message. Windows 10 is up to date and running 'Import-Module Microsoft.PowerShell.LocalAccounts' does not help.

Unhandled Exception:

System.Management.Automation.CommandNotFoundException The Module 'Microsoft.PowerShell.LocalAccounts' could not be loaded. For more information, run 'Import-Module Microsoft.PowerShell.LocalAccounts'.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. [Network] [New Functionality] Network Monitor

Add Network Monitoring capabilities within Windows Admin center that would display:
    - per process breakdown of network send/receive activity w/ PID
    - active TCP connections with local & remote port
    - remote connection address/resolve to dns
    This would be incredibly useful on server core installations where resource monitor is not available.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Improve the Admin Center update process

The process for updating extensions in Admin Center is inefficient. I have to click each one individually; and the sort on the list doesn't even stay between updates

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hyper-V Console

Provide a virtual machine console, so that we can have Linux and pre-OS, i.e. Windows hasn't completed the boot process, access to virtual machines.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In Honolulu, there is a “Connect” button for VMs which downloads an .rdp file to open as Remote Desktop Connection. This .rdp file uses a special configuration which uses RDP to connect to the HYPER-V host (not guest VM), then uses VM Connect to connect to guest VM. This should allow you to see the VM console through the Remote Desktop window and you should be able to connect to VMs for pre-OS setup, VMs running Linux or VMs without network connectivity. Please give it a try and let us know if there are still scenarios that don’t work with this!

14. [BUG] Cannot enable role based access control

It's happen on all new machnie i integrate.
    Every time i try enable Role Based Access Control i got this:

ERROR: At C:\Windows\Temp\WindowsAdminCenter.Jea\InstallJeaFeature.ps1:1 char:15 + Configuration InstallJeaFeature + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ System.Management.Automation.PSArgumentException: Cannot process argument because the value of argument "fullFilePath" is not valid. Change the value of the "fullFilePath" argument and run the operation again. at Microsoft.PowerShell.DesiredStateConfiguration.CimDSCParser.GetFileContent(String fullFilePath) at Microsoft.PowerShell.DesiredStateConfiguration.CimDSCParser.ParseSchemaMof(String filePath) at Microsoft.PowerShell.DesiredStateConfiguration.Internal.DscClassCache.ImportClasses(String path, Tuple2 moduleInfo, Collection1 errors, Boolean importInBoxResourcesImplicitly) at Microsoft.PowerShell.DesiredStateConfiguration.Internal.DscClassCache.Initialize(Collection1 errors, List1 modulePathList) at Microsoft.PowerShell.DesiredStateConfiguration.Internal.DscClassCache.LoadDefaultCimKeywords(Dictionary2 functionsToDefine, Collection1 errors, List1 modulePathList, Boolean cacheResourcesFromMultipleModuleVersions) at System.Management.Automation.Language.Parser.ConfigurationStatementRule(IEnumerable1 customAttributes, Token configurationToken) At C:\Windows\Temp\WindowsAdminCenter.Jea\InstallJeaFeature.ps1:2 char:1 +…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. export and import server connections

It would be great to be able to export or import a list of servers, creds, tags to make the process easier to add and share connections with others.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. [Bug] Verify network adapters not working in "Deploy hyperconverged infrastructure" Cluster Creation workflow

WAC 1910 installed on Windows Server 2019
    Added the cluster creation extension.
    Attempting to create a hyperconverged cluster using two Dell PowerEdge R740xd chassis
    Process gets to step 2 "Networking", 2.1 "Verify network adapters" then just chasing dots to infinity.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The ability to update multiple extensions at once

Would be great if there was a tick box so you could select more than one extension at a time to update. Seems really time consuming to update one extension, then go back and do the next, then the next. When there are a number of updates, this sort of unnecessary repetitive process can kill 15 mins..

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The UI should provide an intelligent decision making process when staging a Linux VM by recommending the correct security for Gen2

The UI should automatically suggest to the admin the correct boot order that supports the selected OS for a GEN 2 machine by recommending either a Microsoft Certificate or UEFI, etc...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Connect and save Performance Monitor Workspaces to a Git repo

As part of our DevOps process, I am distributing preconfigured Performance Monitor Workspaces to a larger team. I would like to connect to a Git repo (we use Azure DevOps Repos) and save the workspaces directly to there.

This would immediately do the work of creating a feature to sync between users. It would also immediately give version control of the workspace json files. Storing the files in the repo also creates the opportunity for an automation workflow such as automatically adding a web app to a workspace when a new web app is deployed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. [Bug] Can't connect ti Hyper-V Converged Cluster

I've installed Windows Admin Center with high availability following https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/manage/windows-admin-center/deploy/high-availability.

I can connect to nodes in the cluster fine through WAC, however when I try to add the cluster it says it can't find the name.

If I click on one of the nodes it gives the FQDN of the cluster, I click it and it adds it as a connection but when I try to access it, it complains that WINRM couldn't not process the operation.

I've tried it with two different clusters on our network.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base