Management Tools

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
  • or
  1. [Registry] Search/Browse/Jump to path

Things to do in the registry module:
    - Search
    - Jump to Key (copy/paste) - Super for troubleshooting/verification
    - Browse

Also interesting: ACL for Keys & Parameters

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [Registry] navigation with keyboard

Fastest way through registry is arrows and keyboard:
    sof > mic > wind > cur > run
    Also, registry hive path should always be visible on top.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. [Computer Management] Registry in Computer Management

Please add Registry to Computer Management node.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. [DCOM] set DCOM permissions

Would like an interface to set DCOM permissions for Windows Core servers. Finding the correct registry key to edit and writing SSDL syntax for are too cumbersome

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. [Bug] - CBS Pending reboot check

[Bug] - Pending reboot due to CBS

The code to check for a reboot does not appear to correctly test if there is a pending reboot related to Component Based Servicing.

On the servers I have, the following line of code from the Test-PendingReboot function does not return a value.

Get-ChildItem "HKLM:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\RebootPending"

Testing the same registry path with the "Get-Item" cmdlet returns a value when there is a pending reboot related to CBS.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Give the ability to view and edit pagefile and startup and recovery options

It would be really convenient to have this ability instead of tweaking registry.

Thank you

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. FEATURE REQUEST - WAC 2012 preview - Registry - add more features of regedit

Affected build: Windows Admin Center 2012 Preview Build 1.3.2012.11003
    Plugin name:
    plugin version:
    severity:
    reproducible: x out of 5
    easy to fix: -

please add the following features of regedit at best in sync with the GUI tool, which also has these features in Server Core

> access to saved favorites in regedit.exe
    > save favorites / in sync with regedit.exe
    > auto completion
    > search

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Selecting tools functionality

Please add a functionality to Windows Admin Center that enables to select tools.
    For instance, I'd like to remove registry tool from WAC, so I hope WAC admin can remove tools from WAC view.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Log off & Bulk edit

It would be great for the WAC to have a log off procedure to force closing all active sessions.
    It would be great to add some bulk edit options.
    e.g. reboot multiple systems, or add a registry key in multiple systems

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Storage Migration Service - Cannot download error CSV file

I'm getting a timeout trying to download the error csv file for a storage migration I am doing. I've followed the instructions from this web page: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/storage/storage-migration-service/known-issues#storage-migration-service-times-out-downloading-the-transfer-error-csv. I have rebooted the server and re-logged into WAC. I have been successful in downloading the transfer log. Even changing the sendtimeout setting to 10 minutes, the resulting error page still shows the timeout setting as 1 minute. The routine appears to not be picking up the configuration from the config file and the registry change.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base