Management Tools

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
  • or
  1. [Remote Desktop] Add Remote Desktop Gateway RDC option to Honolulu

Add a settings pane to configure the Remote Desktop Connection to use a Remote Desktop Gateway.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [NEW Tool] RDP - Remote Desktop session

From Private Preview user feedback.

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  13 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remote desktop enable clipboard

It would be great to implement clipboard transfer for remote connection

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. [Remote Desktop] RDP session shadowing

Please add tool to list RDp sessions per sever / workstation and then activate session shadowing for selected rdp session to see interactive RDP desktop.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Unable to use Remote Desktop

When I used the remote desktop function in Windows admin center, I was always in the loading state and did not response. Whether Chreme or Edge's browser console displays:

PUT https://localhost/api/nodes/192.168.43.4/features/powershell Api/pssessions/instantSession 400

Msft. sme. remote - desktop -- appErrorHandler -- Ajax error 400

Google Chrome 70.0.3538.110

Microsoft Edge 44.17763.1.0

The remote desktop software can be connected normally.

Windows admin center installed in Win10

The server is Windows Server 2019 Core

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. [Remote Desktop] On Remote desktop replace "Disconnect" with "Sign Out"

I saw that in Remote desktop connection I have options for press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and Disconnect. I am sure, that a lot of administrators are always using Disconnect for end their sessions and I am also sure, that would be better to use Sign Out. For this reason I propose to replace Disconnect with Sign Out. Is more secure and better for all administrators.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. [Remote Desktop]

Within Windows Admin Center how can I use a token for Remote Desktop and PowerShell.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. [Remote Desktop] Ability to manage RDSH environments.

The ability to manage everything in a RDSH deployment. Collections, publish app, etc.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. [Remote Desktop] RDP Custom Port

We use a custom port for all of our RDP sessions. Can this port be configured in Project Honolulu to reflect our needs?

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. [Bug] Unable to use Remote Desktop

If Remote Desktop is enabled by GPO the Remote Desktop Connection from Windows Admin Center does not work.
    Remote desktop connections are not allowed to this computer. This can be changed from Remote Desktop settings page.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. [Remote Desktop] Allow /RestrictedAdmin feature in Remote Desktop

Allow an option to enable the RestrictedAdmin feature for Remote Desktop connection. It should be done in a way that we clearly see which option is in use during the connection and a give us a way to turn it on/off easily.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/johnromsft/2016/06/14/why-you-should-use-rdp-restrictedadmin/

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Remote Desktop Only Targets

We have multiple domains that are not trusted. It would be helpful to add RDP only machines so that we can still keep them in our lists and access them easily.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. [NEW Tool] [RDS] Ability to manage Remote desktop services

We would like to the ability to manage remote desktop services as we do from server manager in server 2016

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. remote desktop

When using the Remote Desktop feature, Edge is popping up a sub-menu as if a dialog box is selected. This obscures the screen--particularly the Start menu of the target machine.

Admin Center Build 1.2.1910.31005
    Microsoft Edge 41.16299.1480.0
    Microsoft EdgeHTML 16.16299

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. [Remote Desktop] Browser Back Button

Maybe this is a bug, Maybe not.

If I press the back button on my mouse while in the remote desktop view the browser navigates back and closes the RDP session.

I think the expected behavior is that the button press should be redirected to the remote server.

Thanks

KirK

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. [Remote Desktop] Allow remote desktop to be expanded to fill the whole page

The remote descktop pane seems very restricted in size. Allow the pane to go full screen and/or fill the webpage.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. [BUG] Settings -> Remote Desktop

Cannot change remote desktop settings on managed server. Every time i want enable RemoteDesktop on machine i must do this manually.
    Admin Center 1809 every time return this:

Cannot get remote desktop settings
    ERROR (1) RemoteException: You must specify an object for the Get-Member cmdlet. (2) RemoteException: You must specify an object for the Get-Member cmdlet. (3) RemoteException: You must specify an object for the Get-Member cmdlet.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. [Bug] Remote desktop credentials prompt

Windows Admin Center in workgroup environment.
    Remote Desktop is not using already entered credentials to connect, instead prompts for reenter and accepts only credentials in form servername\username.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. [Bug] [RD] localized keyboard

[Issue] Windows Admin Center (Version 1806, Build 1.1.1806.01002) Remote Desktop localization problem about keyboard. I use localized keyboard (Hungarian), but the RDP session change it to another even if the input method looks like good (HU). If it possible, please solve the problem. Thanks!

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. [RD] Make Remote Desktop session/windows larger (maximized within Admin Center window)

Why are we wasting so much real estate / surface area when I use the Remote Desktop???
    There is a good 2 inches of wasted grey space which simply says "Remote Desktop" with an inch above it, and then your Disconnect and Ctrl-Alt-Del button underneath that.
    Doesn't make sense!!!!
    Move the "Remote Desktop" to the very top and move the 2 buttons to the right of it, so that I simply have a thin top banner.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base