Clustering

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. cannot ping node server‘s virtual ip

Based on the different subnets, I could ping node local ip, but couldn't ping node server's virtual ip. From my switch, I found the arp cache table, it shows the local ip and mac address, the virtual ip and mac address couldn't write in arp cache table except I manually trigger it on my node server, but the network adapter shows these ip addresses and mac address normally.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Networking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [WSFC - CNO] ::: Provision to change the ManagementPointNetworkType of an existing Cluster i.e. between Singleton or Distributed

It’s about making an enhancement on the new feature ManagementPointNetworkType introduced in RS3 which will improve Cluster Connectivity from the behavior what we see today.

History: Until RS3, this wasn’t configurable & the cluster’s CNO will be what’s created using MPNT as Singleton. RS3 onwards this can be set as Distributed.
    You’ll ask: What's the difference?
    A CNO of type Singleton needs an IP address while the Distributed ones don’t. This is a boon for the AZURE based WSFC deployments, which are currently using 169.254.x.y and are useless for any remote connections or anything but taking space in AD otherwise…

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Networking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base