Clustering

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cluster Aware Updates ignore Daylight Savings Time

On Server 2012 R2 CAU scheduling "moved" one hour when Europe switched to Daylight Savings time (or rather CAU scheduling ignored DST). This impacted planned maintenance windows and had to be manually adjusted.

Possible useful fix: Default all scheduling to UTC.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  CAU  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make CAU not just Cluster Aware but "Any Microsoft Product" aware

CAU is just cluster-aware. When used on a Hyper-V Cluster, it's not aware of Hyper-V Replicas, which will fail on Node-reboot. When used on an Exchange DAG, it's not DAG-aware, causing to reboot the Node bringing an online Database simply offline!. I was totally depressed and disappointed to find that out! CAU should be aware of at least any Microsoft Product running on top of it. Similarly, it could be extended to support RDS-Farms/RDS-Gateway-Farms/RDS-Broker-Farms, etc. If not out of the box, perhaps with a plugin-module-model, which gets installed when CAU gets deployed, evaluating what's running on the Node it gets…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  CAU  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to disable CAU role failback

When CAU resume a cluster node after maintenance, it always moves roles back to that node. On a Hyper-V cluster, this requires live migrating VMs back. In some cases, on a heavily loaded cluster, this interferes with the ability to live migrate VMs off of the next node being put into maintenance.

Having an option in CAU to disable role failback would prevent this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  CAU  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Cluster Patchmanagement

i think its a good wish to create intelligence for Patchmanagement for Cluster Ressources. Example Hyper-V Hosts.
    If you have 4 or 5 Hosts with a specified Patchlevel. And if you want to add a new Host to Cluster. You must activate CAU or something else. CAU checks all Host and every Host must go to Maintanance Mode. I think its better when Host will check if updates needed then put Host in MT. If not leave these Host go to next.
    So Patchmanagement will be fasterMode. I think its better when Host will check if updates needed then put…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  CAU  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base