PowerShell

The PowerShell forum accepts bug reports as well as feedback and suggestions. For more information, check out the PowerShell Homepage

The following is a list of the states we use to track items.

status meaning
survey We saw this and we are considering it. Please upvote if it’s important to you.
needs more information We don’t understand the issue and need additional details.
investigating We are looking at this internally to understand things like: scenario, reproduction of issue, costing, or other technical details.
in queue The issue is understood and in our unprioritized backlog. Your votes will be used to drive prioritization of this work.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PowerShell SDK

WMF 5.0 just released. Where is the latest PowerShell SDK? V2.0? V3.0?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Get- cmdlets to have more expandable properties

Votes from Connect: 5

Original Date Submitted: 5/29/2015 4:10:34 PM

Description:
    Contact Information
    Handle: AJ_BE
    Site Name: PowerShell
    Feedback ID: 1378948

Problem Description:
    It is unlogical a lot of get- powershell commands do not include expanded properties of the objects they retrieve.

for example with the get-service cmdlet: I can use set-service spooler -startuptype automatic
    but i cannot use: get-service spooler and see the startuptype.

I NEED to use the Wmi object class for this and for people new to powershell, the wmi objects are a tough subject because they are extremely complex (which is good for experienced users) but…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

(Get-Service).StartType was a long-standing request that could not be fulfilled because of limitations in the underlying .NET type (System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController).

Fortunately, the .NET team added a StartType property in .NET 4.6.1, so it’s available on PowerShell 5.0 in Windows 10 and WMF 5.0.

3. Executing Get-Help about_<anytopic> very slow in PowerShell 5 April Preview

Votes from Connect: 3

Original Date Submitted: 5/1/2015 3:01:28 AM

Description:
    Contact Information
    Handle: Greg Wojan
    Feedback ID: 1292439

Frequency: PowerShell
    Regression: Open PowerShell console Window with many modules available in the PSModulesPath.
    Execute Get-Help about_Aliases
    Wait...

Problem Description:
    I installed WMF 5.0 April 2015 preview on Windows 7. Any time I try and execute Get-Help about_<pick a topic> it can take up to four minutes to display the help.

It appears to be the way PowerShell 5 is crawling all the help for CIM cmdlets and loaded modules. If there are 20 or 30 modules installed…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PowerShell Engine  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Need cmdlet to create XML Help files from comment-based help

Votes from Connect: 12

Original Date Submitted: 8/9/2014 3:50:43 AM

Description:
    Contact Information
    Handle: Ashley McGlone
    Feedback ID: 941582

Frequency: Always Happens
    Regression: Yes, this happens in previous released versions

Problem Description:
    The process of creating XML help files is documented on MSDN, but no native tools exist to create these. PowerShell is supposed to help IT Pros automate, but they hit the wall when trying to figure out XML help. Inline help is easy. This is hard. Please create cmdlets to facilitate the creation of XML help files and updateable help files. For example, why not…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base