PowerShell

The PowerShell forum accepts bug reports as well as feedback and suggestions. For more information, check out the PowerShell Homepage

The following is a list of the states we use to track items.

status meaning
survey We saw this and we are considering it. Please upvote if it’s important to you.
needs more information We don’t understand the issue and need additional details.
investigating We are looking at this internally to understand things like: scenario, reproduction of issue, costing, or other technical details.
in queue The issue is understood and in our unprioritized backlog. Your votes will be used to drive prioritization of this work.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reference to IPv6 setting in IPv4 documentation

Good day,

I was browsing:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/nettcpip/set-netipv4protocol?view=win10-ps

and notice in the description that there is a reference to IPv6 when it should be referencing IPv4:

excerpt:
    The Set-NetIPv4Protocol cmdlet modifies the global IPv4 protocol configuration for a computer. If you do not specify any parameters for the cmdlet, the cmdlet sets the default values for the global IPv6 protocol configuration.

I am fairly sure the above reference to global IPv6 (second last line in paragraph) should read global IPv4.

Thanks for the technical reference!

regards

Dwayne

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export Exchange Mailbox to PST

Are you seeming for a solution to how to export Exchange mailbox to PST try this SysInspire Free EDB to PST Converter software which is the best solution for all your problems associated with the EDB file? This software can fix the broken, corrupt, and inaccessible EDB file without changing any single bit of information.

For More Info:- https://www.sysinspire.com/export-exchange-mailbox.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug in class parser

Summary of the issue

Currently powershell is unable to implement [Composition Over Inheritance](https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/basic-programming-principles/#composition-over-inheritance) because of a lack of support for custom interfaces, which prevents multiple inheritance of behavior interfaces

There is a way to get it to work, but it only works when running the code by hand, not in automated scripts

Proposed technical implementation details (optional)

The issue with the workaround boils down to a problem in the parser error: InterfaceNameExpected
    It fails to recognize that using Add-Type will add types, instead it incorrectly assumes the given type will not be available

I think we should either…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PowerShell Engine  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. psmodulepath

Please allow us to define the install path when installing modules.

By default this seems to point to my $Home directory, but my $Home directory is on a network share at my office, and I am working remotely. I have time to make this suggestion because I am currently updating the AZ module on my computer, which means I download the module from the repository and write it to a network share across a Direct Access link/VPN, then proceed to "Install the dependency module" for each module within the AZ module - once again reading and writing to a network…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Package Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Get-Certificate: Add Parameter to specify CA

I often find myself going back to certreq.exe rather than using Get-Certificate because, in the case where a certificate template is advertised on multiple CAs, certreq allows me to isolate the certification authority that I want my certificate to come from. It would be nice to be able to specify the CA that I want the cert request to be sent to rather than relying on AD to broker the request to whomever responds first.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desired State Configuration (DSC)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hyper-v cmdlets do not find wsl paths

This issue is a problem I'm having using Add-VMHardDiskDrive.

I am not able to use a WSL path as argument. It seems the cmdlet can't access paths located in other network devices.

Steps to reproduce

Add-VMHardDiskDrive -VMName test -Path \\wsl$/Ubuntu/home/<image path>

Expected behavior

The cmdlet returns the success message describing that the disk was mounted successfully in the hyper-v virtual machine specified.

Actual behavior

```
    Add-VMHardDiskDrive : 'test' failed to add resources to
    'test'.
    An unexpected error occurred: The network name cannot be found. (0x80070043).
    'test' failed to add resources. (Virtual machine ID
    4F4777B2-4DFD-4A07-89B6-44FFC5BE2D3F)
    'main-image-1611598805' encountered an unexpected error: The…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PowerShell Engine  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Export Mailbox from EDB to PST

Download now the simple and most useful tool that is SysInspire EDB to PST Converter tool. That software can punish all issues and all queries related to EDB file data and you can easily Export Mailbox from EDB to PST with other new various formats such as-EML, MSG, EMLX, and HTML. It helps you to directly convert the EDB file into PST.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Microsoft.PowerShell.* Modules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Export Mailbox from Offline Exchange Database

SysInspire EDB to PST Converter runs perfectly to convert the entire EDB to Outlook PST files format without wasting information. Using that advanced software, you can retrieve unlimited mailbox items in a hassle-free manner. This tool also export mailbox from offline exchange database including every mailbox items such as emails, calendars, contacts, calendars, attachments, appointments, and several other items.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Microsoft.PowerShell.* Modules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. exchange email items converter using stella edb to pst

If exchange is corrupted and you can not access your edb file information try stella edb to pst converter software to convert all the exchange edb file data in to pst file. stella edb to pst converter software convert all the mailbox items in to office 365. Edb to pst converter tool is very powerful tool to recover all the mailbox data items in to eml, msg, mbox, mhtml and pst file. stella edb to pst converter software convert unmounted edb file data in to pst file. for more info visit this link https://www.stelladatarecovery.com/exchange-edb-to-pst-converter.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. How to use stella excel password remover tool

If you would like to recoup your excel password. Attempt stella excel password recovery software recover your excel password. Stella excel password recovery program support each of the edition of this ms excel document. Stella excel password recovery software recover any sort of this password like every alphabetic password, amount combination password, particular character combination password. Stella excel password recovery software recover your glow password with three password retrieval approach. Stella excel password recovery software recover encrypted password of this excel file For more info visit this link https://www.stelladatarecovery.com/recover-excel-file-password.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  WMI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. restore excel file data using stella excel password recovery software

Download Greatest excel password recovery Applications That Solution for fast eliminate excel file password protection also allows to start XLSX file password. This Stella Microsoft excel file password Unlocker Tool is valuable to break excel file from all excel file all version As:- 97,98,2000,2003,2007,2010,2013,2019. For more info visit this link https://www.stelladatarecovery.com/recover-excel-file-password.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. restore excel file data using stella excel password recovery software

Download Greatest excel password recovery Applications That Solution for fast eliminate excel file password protection also allows to start XLSX file password. This Stella Microsoft excel file password Unlocker Tool is valuable to break excel file from all excel file all version As:- 97,98,2000,2003,2007,2010,2013,2019. For more info visit this link https://www.stelladatarecovery.com/recover-excel-file-password.html

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. restore ost file data using stella ost to pst tool

If you convert your exchange ost file data in to pst file. Try stella ost to pst converter software to convert your ost file info in to pst file. Stella ost to pst converter software convert all of the items of this ost file. Stella ost to pst converter software convert all the ost file information like email products, contacts items, calendars things, activity items, notes items, log items and all the items of the user specify folders. Stella ost to pst converter software support all the edition of the exchange ost file. Stella ost to pst converter software convert…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. ITA - I Can't refresh the HelpGuide for Powershell, How can I fix this?

update-help : Impossibile aggiornare la Guida per i moduli 'ConfigDefender, PSReadline, WindowsUpdateProvider' con
    impostazioni di cultura dell'interfaccia utente {it-IT}: Impossibile recuperare il file XML HelpInfo per le
    impostazioni di cultura dell'interfaccia utente it-IT. Assicurarsi che la proprietà HelpInfoUri nel manifesto del
    modulo sia valida o controllare la connessione di rete ed eseguire di nuovo il comando.
    In riga:1 car:1
    + update-help
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : ResourceUnavailable: (:) [Update-Help], Exception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnableToRetrieveHelpInfoXml,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.UpdateHelpCommand

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. how to fix edb file error

Try stella exchange edb to pst converter software convert all the edb file data in to pst file. edb to pst converter software support all the version of the exchange edb file. stella edb to pst converter software convert unmounted edb file data in to pst file. edb to pst converter software convert all the mailbox data in to eml file. for more info visit this link https://www.stelladatarecovery.com/exchange-edb-to-pst-converter.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Get-PhysicalDisk memory leak

If you run Get-PhysicalDisk (in a powershell-loop or called from a C# application) you will see after after hundreds/thousands of runs a memory-leak.

https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/windows-powershell-docs/issues/2290

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PowerShell Engine  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Vartika Exchange EDB Recovery Software (convert EDB files into PST file)

Download Vartika EDB to PST Converter that can help to export EDB to PST Outlook and also convert EDB file into five different file options such as- HTML, PST, MSG, EML, and EMLX. The Software has special features and techniques to transfer the EDB file and supports all editions of the Exchange server up to 2016 and gives free trial version software for free to use and convert emails from the Exchange server.
    Some of its Features are
    - Repairs Corrupted EDB files
    - Ultra-fast export of mails from EDB files into PST file
    - Allow Saving of EDB files…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desired State Configuration (DSC)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Perfect Vartika Exchange EDB to PST Converter

Perfect Vartika Exchange EDB to PST Software allows their user to export EDB file into multiple formats such as MSG, HTML, EMLX, EML, and PST. It also has an auto-detection feature that can automatically locate the .EDB file location from the machine of the user. The user just needs to select the EDB file and their version to make the Exchange corrupt EDB recovery. The Software can run without the Exchange server only MS Outlook installation is required.

Get more info: - https://www.vartikasoftware.com/product/vs-edb-to-pst-converter-software.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. netswitchteam

clarify if you can team hardwired and WiFi NIC - it seems to me that it does not work properly and the resulting team gets a "blackhole" "self-assigned" autoconfiguration 169.254 IP address

also add the remove-netswitchteam syntax

also add examples
    e.g.

Get-NetAdapter
    New-NetSwitchTeam -Name "myteam" -TeamMembers "Ethernet 3","Ethernet 2", "Ethernet"
    Remove-NetSwitchTeam -Name "myteam"

Besides it would be great if the netswitchteam also has failover capabilities

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add-DnsServerResourceRecord should support the DNS NAPTR record type

Add-DnsServerResourceRecord has flags like -A, -MX, -PTR, etc. However it doesn't have a -NAPTR flag. Therefore we can't create NAPTR records from PowerShell.

The NAPTR is a little-known DNS record type however it is an important part of most corporate SIP-based phone systems. Being able to rapidly set up NAPTR records using PowerShell would be great.

(More important than speed is accuracy: a lot of SIP setup time is spent debugging typos which would be easy to prevented if we could set our NAPTR records with PowerShell scripts.)

FYI: Remove-DnsServerResourceRecord's --RRType flag doesn't support NAPTR, therefore removing such records is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 95 96
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base