Please feel free to provide feedback or file bugs here.

Execute indepenent dsc steps in parallel

Votes from Connect: 3

Original Date Submitted: 6/8/2015 2:40:45 PM

Description:
********Contact Information********
Handle: aL3891
Site Name: PowerShell
Feedback ID: 1411231

Problem Description:
At the moment all dsc resources are executed serially. given that dependencies are allready specified, it would in theory be safe to execute steps in parallel.

I'm guessing this is planned at some point but i could really use a way to enable parallel execution because I'm using dsc to spin up test environments with a bunch of services and having those being set up in parallel would speed things up considerably.

Product Studio item created by Connect Synchronizer due to creation of feedback ID 1411231 (http://connect.microsoft.com/PowerShell/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=1411231).

Repro Steps:

Internal BugId: 14550

28 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joey Aiello [MSFT]AdminJoey Aiello [MSFT] (Program Manager, Windows Server) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alexander BoerschAlexander Boersch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This could potentially be problematic as monitoring tools would now be reporting full CPU load for a periodic period. People monitoring this would find it hard to distinguish this from true peaks in CPU load. This could in turn lead to oversized resources etc. If this is implemented the appropriate monitoring tool support would be needed.

Feedback and Knowledge Base