Please feel free to provide feedback or file bugs here.

Option to disable scroll-to-prompt on left mouse click in ISE console window.

In PowerShell v3 there was a "feature" added, that moved cursor/ scrolled down to prompt whenever console window gets focus. It makes selecting text in output from previous commands a real nightmare.

I would love to get rid off this "feature", or if not possible - at least have an option to turn it off. If possible, make it a default behavior.

37 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Bartek Bielawski shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Garrett Nelson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This drives me insane! Whenever I run a script that produces output in the console I need to evaluate, I am often copying from the output pane into another script to deal with errors or some similar situation. I have resorted to copying all output to Word, then going from Word back to ISE.

Yes PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE change this! This single behavior alone makes me want to move to another editor and stop using ISE. It absolutely drives me nuts, many times per day.

I would vote for this 100 times if I could.

• Stephen Owen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Joey, kill it! Kill! It's the worst thing. Anytime I do a training I forget about this and it's super obnoxious to have click behavior highjacked to take me back to the cursor. The silly thing about this 'feature' is that we already had the option to do this just by moving the cursor using the arrow keys or typing. Doing one of those will automatically scroll back to the cursor location.

Not sure who benefits from the 'click to scroll back' use case.

Feedback and Knowledge Base