Please feel free to provide feedback or file bugs here.

Get-Service should return the user account the services are running under

The Get-Service cmdlet should return the service account associated to each service.

We can get this information easily from the Win32_Service WMI class, but to me, it should be returned by Get-Service.

Checked with PS v5 without luck...

Thanks!

148 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Arnaud Petitjean [MVP]Arnaud Petitjean [MVP] shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AKMC_117AKMC_117 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm happy to vote on this one. Get-Service should return ALL information, without exception, that you can get from the GUI, you shouldn't need to fluff around with WMI. Otherwise, what's the point?

• Ilya SazonovIlya Sazonov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Get-Service is based on .Net System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController Class.
        Thus this class should be expanded first.

• Joe PowellJoe Powell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was surprised this still hasn't been added. Common sense dictates that get-service should return this information.

• Chris MagnusonChris Magnuson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have bumped into this in the past and been very frustrated by it, please give feature parity to the object returned by get-service with what is displayed and what I can edit through the service's properties using services.msc.

• EYEY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to see Get-Service include the Startup Type for the service

Feedback and Knowledge Base