PowerShell ISE Preview - Make the Status Bar extensible
There isn't a lot going on in the Status Bar right now, just Zoom and line / column. It would be great if the rest of the space down there was customizable, perhaps via add-ons. For example:
* The ability to show how much memory the ISE is currently using as either a number or nifty htop-like bar graph.
* The ability to customize some text like we can with $host.UI.RawUI.WindowTitle
* The ability to display a progress bar with custom text
* The ability to display a particular color if an error is encountered, along with the name of the tab the error was encountered in.
* Countless other things more creative people will come up with.
David Wilson commented
Thanks for filing this! I'm definitely interested in seeing how I can make this happen.