LCM Extensible Architecture - PowerShell
Type: Feature Request
Summary: Make LCM extensible simply by adding a psm1 in a folder, which will be loaded automatically.
Details here: https://github.com/gaelcolas/LCM_ExtensibleArch
Here's the workflow:
1. LCM loads a psm1 file(s) from a pre-defined directory (or defined in LCM meta-configuration).
2. Every LCM events are triggered and forwarded into the extensions' session
3. $Global variables of the extension should be accessible from the Test/Set/Get methods of the DSC Resource
3. The author of the PSM1 extension register-EngineEvent for required LCM Events
4. He defines Event Handlers Actions that can call psm1's exported functions
Having this extensible architecture would allow us to complement the LCM features.
I've created an illustration of such PSM1 extension here: https://github.com/gaelcolas/LCM_ExtensibleArch/blob/master/LCMExtension.psm1
Event better: having a class we can 'decorate' so that we can tap directly into the LCM handling, or rely on the default handler.