Please feel free to provide feedback or file bugs here.

Curated Module Lists

The PowerShell gallery should allow users to create "lists" of modules (think of it as an Amazon wish list).

A user could create a "favorites" list and add modules and scripts to it to keep track of their favorites over time (maybe even "subscribe" to notifications of new releases of things on the list).

A user could also create a "user management modules" list or a "stretching PowerShell's limits" list or a "should have been in the box" list, or a "things I use in my prompt" list ...

But most importantly, users should be able to SHARE those lists, and other users should be able to download and install a list (maybe something like Install-Module -ListName MyPrompt -Author Jaykul).

Additionally, if you could show a count of how many users have added the module to at least one list, and a count of how many lists it's on, these would potentially be useful non-download metrics for popularity.

It would be awesome if there was a way to get additional sorting metrics for the gallery (downloads in the last week, vs. all-time, perhaps), and this would give you several possible additional metrics (users, lists, and the "all time" vs "last month" or "last week" to get hotness).

12 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joel "Jaykul" BennettJoel "Jaykul" Bennett shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    survey  · 

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)