Please feel free to provide feedback or file bugs here.

Bug: Get-DscConfigurationStatus doesn't show all resources/configurations

We started to use results from Get-DscConfigurationStatus in our monitoring (SCOM) and while analyzing the results we noticed that some partials are not showing up in the results of this command even though tests/set/get is performed on the target node. After analyzing different methods we found out that:

* MOF documents generated in C:\Windows\System32\Configuration\ConfigurationStatus seem to limit the results to ~40 last items in DSC configuration
* Get-DscConfigurationStatus and Test-DscConfiguration -Detail all use the same source of information, thus provide same, truncated output
* The only reliable source of information is details.json file generate when -Verbose output is requested, but information there is limited to only part of the info provided by MOF files and works only for interactive runs (when providing Verbose parameter is possible).

It looks to me like some sort of rolling-logs mechanism is used, but instead of keeping multiple files per run, final file is overwritten and thus only recent actions are recorded.

6 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Bartek BielawskiBartek Bielawski shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...