Please feel free to provide feedback or file bugs here.

Ability to delete unlisted module with no downloads

It would be nice to be able to delete a module that hasn't been downloaded yet and is unlisted. I made a mistake in publishing a module which I unlisted before anyone downloaded it. There is no benefit to me or anyone having it remain in the gallery.

None of the follwing published reasons for disallowing deletions apply:

1. Other items may depend on that item. Those items might not necessarily be in this gallery.
2. Ensures that folks using items without committing the same will not be broken.
3. Helps ensure that important community owned items are not mass deleted.

For 1 - nothing depends on this, if someone does download it they're being facetious and just going to be wasting their time.

For 2 - Not sure what this means, but if it has something to do with preventing resubmissions of the same version number, that would actually be good for me since no one has downloaded it yet anyway and I could just publish that version without having to increment it.

For 3 - It's only important if it's been downloaded, but it hasn't yet, so let me delete it.

2 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Alan Mervitz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    survey  ·  AdminJ. Keith Bankston [MSFT] (Admin, Windows Server) responded  · 

We understand the ask, & are leaving it as Survey to gauge the interest level.

For now, you can use the Contact Us link to specify the item & version that you want deleted. Specify why you feel that this is something that should not be left in the Gallery, providing more detail is likely to help.
    The Gallery operations team will investigate and, if it meets what is actually a very high bar, will delete it.

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...