Please feel free to provide feedback or file bugs here.

partial

Hi all,
I am using DSC partials to create role-based architectures with Azure virtual machines.
When switching to Windows 2016 (everything works great on Windows 2012 R2), I get errors when DSC is compiling the MOF.
The idea is that I have multiple partials that contain the same Windows Feature installation, because it's needed for a certain roles. When I apply more roles on the same machine, the partials need to merge. So I have one partial that contains this:
WindowsFeature DotNetFrameworkRole1
{
Name = 'AS-NET-Framework'
}
and another partial that contains this:
WindowsFeature DotNetFrameworkRole2
{
Name = 'AS-NET-Framework'
}
When applying the partials on same machine (again, works fine in Windows 2012), I get these errors on Windows 2016:

Job {B1BD89DA-1965-11E7-A942-000D3A27FE28} :
MIResult: 11
Error Message: The resources ('[WindowsFeature]DotNetFrameworkRole1' and '[WindowsFeature]DotNetFrameworkRole2') have conflicting values of the following properties: 'ModuleVersion'. Ensure that their values match. Merging of partial configurations failed. LCM failed to start desired state configuration manually.
Message ID: MI RESULT 11
Error Category: 20
Error Code: 11
Error Type: MI

Job {3CFCAF9F-1967-11E7-A942-000D3A27FE28} :
MIResult: 11
Error Message: The resources ('[WindowsFeature]DotNetFrameworkRole1' and '[WindowsFeature]DotNetFrameworkRole2') have conflicting values of the following properties: 'ModuleVersion'. Ensure that their values match. Merging of partial configurations failed.
Message ID: MI RESULT 11
Error Category: 20
Error Code: 11
Error Type: MI

Any ideas for this one?
Thank you,
Sorin

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset