Please feel free to provide feedback or file bugs here.

Module Cmdlets missing after Import-Module

I have started experiencing an issue on multiple machines where modules that once worked fine now stop functioning correctly.

The issue appears to affect Windows 10 machines that have been in service for some time, but does not affect new Windows 10 installs. This leads me to believe that something like a windows update broke the correct functioning of the module import functionality on these machines at some point in the past.

The modules in question have been SQLPS (installed with SSMS), SqlServer (from PSGallery), and AWSPowerShell (also from PSGallery). The issue is that after installing the module and importing it to the current session, any Cmdlets included in the module are not imported. (That is, anything listed under CmdletsToExport in the module manifest.)

This is unfortunately a "works on my machine" problem, so I will need some help to troubleshoot the root cause of the issue. Others have commented/upvoted my post on StackExchange here: https://superuser.com/q/1328129/4782 and I have found a similar forum post here: https://forums.aws.amazon.com/thread.jspa?threadID=270534&tstart=0

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Nicholas Reilingh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    1 comment

    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nicholas Reilingh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

        This issue is fixed by doing a "Repair install" of Windows 10. Evidently, a previous windows update had a tendency to corrupt the .NET framework installed on the machine.

      Feedback and Knowledge Base