Please feel free to provide feedback or file bugs here.

issue with encrypted mofs on a pull server [partialconfigs]

i have a pull server with 2 non-encrypted mofs, and 1 encrypted mof. The LCM on the lab node is configured to pull the 3 different configs as partialconfigs. When I run Start-DSCConfiguration, the encrypted mof fails with the following:

PowerShell DSC resource MSFT_UserResource failed to execute Set-TargetResource functionality with error message: There could be a possible multiple matches exception while trying to use the System.DirectoryServices API's.Exception calling "Save" with "0" argument(s): "The
password does not meet the password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, password complexity and password history requirements.
"
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (:) [], CimException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ProviderOperationExecutionFailure
+ PSComputerName : localhost

The error above is misleading, as it is probably interpreting that password block in the MOF as a string literal (not an encrypted variable)

If i configure the LCM on the node to only pull the encrypted MOF, it works. So there seems to be some problem with a combination of multiple partial configs which some are encrypted, and some are not. any help appreciated.

1 vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mohashin Azad shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)