How can we improve Active Directory in Windows Server?

Bring back the On-Prem AD Replication Status Tool

Version 1.0 is expired. The download page for version 1.1 only allows us to download the expired 1.0 version. The "cloud" version in OMS doesn't satisfy all of the same needs as the original version did. This was a very handy tool and I'd like to have it back.

38 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ryan Ries [MSFT] shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New version appears to be available. Thank you for posting it.

Once again this tool is nearing expiration. Can this silly expiration date be removed already?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
    It has expired again and the new download link is the expired download.
    Anyone know how to fix?
    Thanks
    Jeff

• Pieter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Thomas. The problem was solved, but is back again.
    I downloaded the new version, but I can't install it on Win7 (or Win2016, even though teh previous version did run on Win2016).
    Why does that tool expires ?
    Why doesn't it run on Win2016 ?
    Please correct this.

• Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One year later, same procedure as every year. License expire.
    In my opinion a freeware tool should not expire without need.

Like every Monday, I run this tool this morning, but now I get
    "This version of the tool will expire in 25 day(s) 0 hour(s). Please download the latest version from...".

Please remove the expiration date. Or give us a good explanation why this tool is better with a built-in timebomb. It feels like Microsoft is just laughing at us.

I agree.
    The on-prem AD Replication Tool should be available again. Never seen this behaviour before that MS distributes downloads/tools that have a timestamp.
    Please bring back the tool . I use it every week to check my AD.

• Libo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring Back the active directory replication status tool. i will not subscribe nor use the om cloud.

• MIKEDFL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree - the original tool was perfect for our needs and MS wasn't greedy enough then to charge for it.
    Security constraints are preventing us from using the cloud. "DUH"
    Bring back the on-prem tool, please!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree - the original tool was perfect for our needs. Security constraints would prevent us from using the cloud. Bring back the on-prem tool, please!

On site customers are not going anywhere any time soon, they still need this tool.

Thank you.

• Amy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Connecting to OMS requires approval from various security teams in many companies. And, it is not that easy if the company does not use SCOM. Also, most customers just need a quick and easy GUI to check replication during changes. The OMS Solution Pack is overkill for many customers. The on-prem tool needs to be revived.

• KLashbrook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

absolutely !

This on-prem tool is vital for replication troubleshooting and status.

The Azure AD Replication OMS doesn't scale and is stale as soon as it gets there.

There's no way I can get 175 domain controllers uploading replication data to Azure and have it be useful to identify a problem.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base