Active Directory

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ADFS Custom Branding of "Password Changed" page

It would be nice, if we cound put some custom text/links on the password change page that is shown to the users after they change their password.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  ADFS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix Active Directory Users and Computers - remove it's long running shortcomings.

When I search for an object and open it, the attribute editor tab isn't available. It should be exactly the same whether I navigate to it or search for it.

When I change my search object type, quit clearing the search field. I'm smart enough to know what I'm looking for.

Give me a "copy dn to clipboard" option as a context menu.
    Give me a "navigate to" option on the context menu in my search results.
    Your "export list" context item should have some options, such as to export dn's. It's really not very useful as-is. This is the…

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Management Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improved sync with AzureAD

Implement a way that allows a user to change his password/personal data in AzureAD (e.g. Office365), when a local AD is in use as the data source.

If there is a local AD with activated User-ID and Password Sync (DirSync) for Office365 use, it would be more intuitive for our users, if they could also change their password at the Office365 UI.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Azure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remember Domain Logins

Most of us log into servers with domain credentials. The ability of Windows to remember previous domain logins appears to be gone in TPv2, and now requires us to type in our user name every time. Quite annoying.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

investigating  ·  5 comments  ·  Logon, Passwords  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. AD FS should support user consent options

AD FS should support a user consent option besides the now provided admin consent only.
    We'd like to use AD FS as a Federation Service with external parties, which is possible for single external targets, but not for bigger federations like InCommon, SWITCH or similar, since an admin cannot decide, which attributes a user wants to release to an service provider. Especially not, when the users (as in our case) are students and employees.
    Other implementations of federatet authentication such as Shibboleth 3 or Thinktecture Identity Server 3 do support user consent. Online Authentication providers (Facebook, Live, Google, etc.) also…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Integrate ARR features in WAP or WAP features in ARR

Application Request Routing (ARR) provides a good proxy experience and load balancing features.
    Web Application Proxy (WAP) provides the possibility of authenticating users and map the authentication to Kerberos. It also provides the AD FS Proxy functionality.
    WAPs proxy features are very limited in comparison to the proxy features of ARR. So ARR features should be available in WAP or since ARR is hosted on IIS WAP features should be available in ARR and thus in IIS.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  WAP  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. AD FS should support EntityDescriptor_s Metadata

AD FS currently only supports single Entity Metadata files, which works well for local applications, but works not for federation with InCommon, SWITCH, DFN, etc.
    It would be good to see support for multi Entity Metadata files, to get a real interoperable product.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. WAP should provide "on-demand" as authentication method

WAP (Web Application Proxy) currently only supports "pass-through" and "preauthentication" as authentication modes, which fits lots applications, but not all.
    When there's an application, which uses Kerberos and has public facing sites, there's no possibility to publish the application via WAP, thus it would be advantageous to have an "on-application-demand" authentication mode, which will authenticate a client, when the application sends HTTP status code 401.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  WAP  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow admins to specify which Schema attributes are visible in ADUC

The normal Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC) GUI includes many schema attributes we have never (and will never) use. More importantly, it does not include many attributes which we do use. It would be nice to be able to able to customize which attributes are displayed in the native console without having to purchase 3rd party tools from various vendors.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Management Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Simplification d'ajout en masse d'utilisateur active directory avec groupe

Je travaille dans un college et ils ont mis une surcouche logiciel pratique pour l'ajout en masse de nouveau compte élève et la modification de groupe(classe) des autres mais très peu ergonomique. Et puisqu'on me demande mon avis ici, je propose donc de Microsoft repense l'ajout d'utilisateur simplifié avec fichier xml, xlsx, csv, ... ^^

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Management Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Include tools for easy integration with Office 365 and AZURE

Today is very hard integrate current domain with Office 365 (using SSO) and must in many times use only Powershell. Make easy graphics tool with most used scenarios. EASY integration with O365 and AZURE services will be big advantage of Server 2016.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base