Essentials

1. Windows Essentials Server virtualization (licensing feature)

Please allow in EULA that the Windows Essentials Server can used as HYPER-V Host not only for himself, also for other HYPER-V guest. That would be an important feature small installations. Many small installation prefer a GUI on HYPER-V host.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Revive Essentials Experience

Right now EE is not usable. The idea behind is brilliant but the implementation is crippled. From RWA to password sync, from managing Exchange and Sharepoint Online to dashboarding mailbox usage and Office 365 plans - everything is greatly appreciated, but we are missing the flexibility and the control.
    Simple example: I want to announce a shared folder over RWA. Firstly it cannot be a network share from another server (well, there is a workaround rewriting the web.config). Secondly when I define a share for a user, the NTFS permissions are overwritten!
    I can write tons of improvement suggestions.
    Or…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. license server essentials, to run all the individual servers as core or nano with the gui server being for management/business apps only

This will allow businesses on a small business budget to still be able to run secure environments. Often SMBs have to give an app vendor admin rights and it would be nice if it wasn't a DA account.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Essentials

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base